We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chu Chi Tunnels

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Chu Chi Tunnels

Hi,

Just wondering if we would have enough time to do a private morning tour of Chu Chi tunnels and be back in HCMC to catch a 4pm international flight.If so can anyone suggest who to book with and how many hours the trip takes? If this is possible we can add an extra day in Phu Quoc.

Thanks for your help.

1. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 07:35
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Yes, it would be possible, your hotel will be able to book a private tour for you but I would also send waterbuffalo tours an e-mail for a quote.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Sorry, forgot to post the link to the website.

www.waterbuffalotours.com

Mount Maunganui...
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Hi lionbear.

You can definitely do this in time. My partner and I did a private tour last year to cu chi tunnels and Ho Chi Minh city centre. It was the best day of our holiday. Thanks to the fantastic tour guide we had.

I can highly recommend Jason SSS ... He is very friendly , professional and knowledgeable and his emails are very detailed and full of recommendations etc. . We learnt things that no other coach tour company would have told us. A fantastic day out. :) flick him an email.. I'm sure you will be impressed.

Have an amazing holiday. !!!

Gladesville...
Level Contributor
184 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

I personally wouldn't risk it, an international flight costs alot of Cheddar & risking it just to crawl underground in a VC rat hole seems crazy. An international flight you have to check in 3 hours before so if you can get back into Saigon & beat its traffic to the airport then you should be their new Transport Minister. Good luck tho

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,291 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Private tour It is easily doable. Even the group bus tours leave the city to go to Cu Chi tunnels at 8am and arrive back at around 1.30pm. Yes, some airlines do have check-in opening 3 hours in advance but that doesn't mean you have to be there then. Although less than 1.30 hours would be cutting it fine in my book. With a private tour you could even take your bags with you. No need to return into the city itself as the airport is near the route back.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Could you please send us Jason's email address We are planning on visting HCMC in late April / early May

Best regards

REMASS

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Of course, You could take a tour to Cu Chi tunnel before departure. a half day tour about 4hrs. it is better for you to take private tour because it follow your flight time. group tour is not.

about Phu Quoc, you have at least 3days there...

BR,

Ly.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

Easily you could do this. We did the trip by speed boat and were back by midday. so check to see what is available and be sure to confirm the time you need to be back.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chu Chi Tunnels

I with those that wouldn't risk it.