We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

New Zealand
Level Contributor
371 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

Hi. Has anyone else been having trouble booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines recently? Once I get to the payment page, it just comes up with error and to check with my bank. I have checked with them and there is no problem. I found an old thread from a few years ago where people were having the same problem. I wondered if anyone else has had problems more recently. I contacted Vietnam Airlines online and they admitted to having a problem and said it would be fixed but this was 2 months ago. It seems to be with the CCV number.

It does not seem to affect everyone. My daughter was able to book some of our domestic flights from England no problem. But now I need to book flights to Phu Quoc and our daughter will not be joining us. The person pruchasing the tickets via credit card has to be one of the passengers. I have thought of risking it and waiting until we arrive in Vietnam. However, one of our flights is connecting to an International flight so we really need a particular time. Is there a Vietnam Airline office in HCMC? Can I just go in and book with them? Any ideas would be appreciated. It is very frustrating. Cheers Kiwi

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k626…

The discussion is ongoing, there's no need to start a new thread.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
314 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

Same,Vietnam Airlines Portal drops out every time after a few mins,may have to try your travel agent.

Beechworth...
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

Or, as the other thread suggests, change your location at the first website screen to another country. I set it to Vietnam and bookings/payments went through just fine.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
371 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

I changed the location on the right hand side of the page as was suggested and it works! Yeah!!! Thank you to everyone who suggested this.

The location on my page was already on Vietnam and it didn't work for me. I changed it to United Kingdom as I knew it had worked for my daughter and no problem. Such a simple solution for a frustrating problem. To anyone who reads this thread, give it a try. Cheers Kiwi

5. Re: Help! Problem booking flights online with Vietnam Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:17