We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange the local currency

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange the local currency

Hi!

Is it easier to exchange the money in HCMC?

What is the rate usually?

Bulli, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange the local currency

Yes you can change almost anywhere , shopping centres, street corners or just take your atm card. Plenty of ATM machines every where. Not sure about Singapore dollar , but I got 21,000 for $AU

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange the local currency

Since government initiatives taken last year, the spread is very low. No sense taking lots of cash, where you will get a decent rate at a bank. Otherwise, take a good debit card and pull money out of an ATM. I have a Schwab debit card that reimburses all foreign ATM fees, which is a pretty good deal. I feel a lot safer pulling out cash as needed instead of carrying around lots of notes.

Richard

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
631 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange the local currency

Thanks a lot

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
9 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange the local currency

Its very convenience to change money in Saigon, and normally rate won't be bad. Remember to check whether they charge commission or not. Suggest don't carry too much cash with you since the security is not good in Saigon, be careful motorbike snatch.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,278 posts
574 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange the local currency

As of april 27 to may 1 when i was there, airport was 20890. I was able to change at the forex near catina hotel at 21300, although some of their staff would quote 21,200. I was also able to change money at one of the forex across ben thanh market at 21300. There were others quoting at 20890-20900.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
785 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange the local currency

If you use Techcom banks they don't charge a fee on your ATM withdrawals. You just pay what your bank charges. There are lots of them in HCMC, at least three or four we found it he tourist district.

7. Re: Exchange the local currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:17