We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HCMC to Can Tho short trip

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
HCMC to Can Tho short trip

We a family of 3 are hoping to do a short trip to Can Tho in Dec 2013.

The itinerary is to hire a car with a driver from HCMC and take a brief stop enroute in My Tho and then head to Can Tho, stay overnight in Can Tho and returnt to HCMC the following day after a visit to floating markets of Cai Rang or Phong Dien.

Can somebody suggest a reliable agency where I can hire a car and driver In HCMC?

How much should I expect to pay for a singe trip to Can Tho? (plan to hire another car from Can Tho for the return journey)

Can somebody recommend a tour I can take to visit either of floating market in Can Tho?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Can Tho
Can Tho
Mekong Delta, Vietnam
Cai Rang
Cai Rang
Mekong Delta, Vietnam
Vietnamrider Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Motorcycle Tours
Vietnamdreams Travel Service
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Multi-day Tours
Vietnam Travel Landscape - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

You can use the search box on the right corner of this page to find good company that specialize on Mekong Delta tours.

Cheers

Nhung

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 17:21
3. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 09:35
Edited: 31 October 2013, 09:35
Ho Chi Minh City...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

My Tho now is too touristy, you should drive to Ben Tre city instead, find Hung Vuong hotel next to Bentre museum, and book a tour with a local agency. In Cantho, Phong Dien market now is not really busy like before, Cai Rang is a better option. Have a good trip!

Mentioned in this post
Cai Rang
Cai Rang
Mekong Delta, Vietnam
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

Thanks for the suggestions. I was also suggested a private tour with an apparently well know guide who goes by the name of Jason Superstar or getting a trip organised with Water Buffalo tours.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
431 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

We went with Travel Indochina and stayed in Can Tho. Markets are great and we loved the trip down to the market and back. Out on the delta there are" islands" with restaurants. I would have a boat trip on the way not just drive,.. I think the tour companies ( and there are many) organise more than just a drive there and back

Mentioned in this post
Can Tho
Can Tho
Mekong Delta, Vietnam
7. Re: HCMC to Can Tho short trip

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:17