We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart of Saigon?

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Heart of Saigon?

Hello, will be in Cambodia around March time. and planning on crossing the border to Vietnam for Saigon.

1. Where to stay to be in the heart of Saigon and enjoy the tourist atmosphere? Will be probably there 2 days or so.

2. Do we need a tour and transportation?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,533 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heart of Saigon?

District #1, and if you're a budget traveler stay in the Pham Ngu Lao area of D1

I suggest the free Saigonhotpot student tours - search for their website and email now for a reservation (as I am about to do) - they give tours in exchange for English practice - you buy the lunch and taxi

The two countries have major differences - you need to do your homework at travelfish.org to avoid the scams

Edited: 20 January 2014, 19:57
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Heart of Saigon?

Ah.. that's awesome tour.. which tour are going to do? I am thinking of Downtown tour! and that big building for a nice view would be nice. That's pretty neat tower.

Is that tour place close to the District #1? How do I search hotels for that district?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heart of Saigon?

The big tower is the Bitexco Tower - best to go at night and have a drink in the bar then you don't have to pay an admission fee.

You can walk all the main attractions - they're pretty close together - or get a taxi.

Just search the Hotels in the search box near the top of this page - the Backpacker area (Pham Ngu Lao) is the most interesting area to stay in - lots of restaurants and bars - other areas of District 1 such as Ben Tanh or down toward the river have less choice for food and entertainment (in my opinion).

Have a look at the Beautiful Saigon 3 Hotel - that's in a good spot if you don't mind a little bit of noise from the night life.

4. Re: Heart of Saigon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18