We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

Perth, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

Heading to HCM for 3 days (not including travel days) and hoping for some advice on places to go, things to experience and any day trips. Also - looking for a decent hotel at a reasonable price.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

A must is the XO foodie tour at night. You can read my experiences with this tour and the other tours I recommended (on your other questions), on my blog on Travelpod, type in the search box - Vietnam June 2013.

Perth, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

Just found it on travelpod - thankyou for your help will definately have a look through!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

Shauni,

Take a little time to dig through all the valuable information here on TA, and elsewhere, including traveling blogs (I like bloggers.)

To be honest, I don't remember a lot of Sonlou's blogs, but I do remembering liking them.

(I read too much, and forget too much, and then I read some more, and on and on.)

At any rate, the more your fellow travelers know what you're looking for, the better they will be able to provide suggestions.

For Saigon, if you don't mind the noisy, up-tempo pace of the backpacker area, you can find very inexpensive places to stay there. I don't stay in hotels when in Saigon, so even though I can pass by some of them a thousand times, I don't know what's going on inside. Others will come along to help you on that regard.

As far as what to do, it's up to your traveling style.

Shopping? Cultural show? Food tour? People? Nightlife?

Throw us a bone, will you?

Regards,

John

Edited: 16 February 2014, 05:59
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

X O tour was amazing . A great way to see the "Real " Saigon. Also war remenants museum and Reunification palace are a must see. Walking around the city is amazing. Also i recommend a hair wash and massage at a salon. The Pham ngu lao area is great fun at night .

Perth, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

Hi John1 - have been sifting through the forums over the past week, finding so much information it's hard to digest!

After reading Sonlou's blog I will definately be doing a XO tour in Saigon - I love food and am hoping to try out a lot of the local cuisine..

To be more specific - we're wanting to experience the more cultural side Saigon, see some beautiful and historic sites!

Thankyou for your help :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

You can start here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14406301@N08/sets/72157625689819686/detail/

…wsj.com/articles/…

Also, google for Saigon Hotpot, a non-profit group of university students.

They can take you around town if you don't want to DIY.

Cheers,

John

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

You can start here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14406301@N08/sets/72157625689819686/detail/

…wsj.com/articles/…

Also, google for Saigon Hotpot, a non-profit group of university students.

They can take you around town if you don't want to DIY.

Also, for food, just do a search for Paul's thread in the forum.

Cheers,

John

8. Re: Ho Chi Minh - 3 days what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:18