We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumho Samco buses DO NOT USE!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Kumho Samco buses DO NOT USE!!!

Went from HCMC to PP with this company. There was no support through the border at all and the person who had took our passport (conductor on the bus) ignored us and didn't explain anything he just walked off. He refused to answer any questions we had and just wanted the $25 dollars to process our visas and when we said no, we'd do it ourselves, he said the bus wouldn't wait for us if we took too long.

Then we stopped for lunch where we didn't want anything as we had bought our own, they threw a plate in front of us and demanded $2 for it. When we refused they got angry. I then asked our conductor translate and explain we didn't want or eat the food, he laughed in our face and walked away. We paid the $2 just to get out of the place.I then confronted the man on the bus to say why hasn't he supported us at all all day and again he laughed in my face and turned away.

The bus itself is ok and great leg space, but I do not pay for a service to be laughed at, lied to and scammed out of my money.

Mentioned in this post
Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kumho Samco buses DO NOT USE!!!

The Cambo visa is $20 usd and they make another $5 on each customer (nice profit) and I did the same thing worked my way through the immigration and custom area and on to the visa booth to find I was 30 mins ahead of schedule and they also told me if I was late they wouldn't wait for me. Nice to see some newby tourists taking a risk and pushing the envelope as I did. Did the food stop right after and wasn't bad as I didn't pack anything but snacks. A small family was travelling on the bus and as I was seated next to a youngish Cambodian girl and she was quite anxious to change seats with another person to get away from the foreigner but low and behold when I brought out the chocolate bars she was eyeing that up fairly well. Needless to say I never offered her any. Karma's a beach!

2. Re: Kumho Samco buses DO NOT USE!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:17