We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

I have heard there are free student tours in HCMC. I have surfed the web and came up with Saigon Hotpot but the website is currently not loading. Anyone know if they are not happening anymore - or know of any other free tours in HCMC....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

Hi , try this , it is working ok for me

saigonhotpot.vn

Cheers

Rusty

perth australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

Hi don't know if you are a student looking for a tour or a tourist looking for a bunch of Hanoi students that do tours lol.

Look up Hanoikids they are students that do free tours so that they can up grade their English.

We used them and they were great. They do half and full day tours. You pay all taxi and entry costs plus buy them lunch drinks etc.

Hope that is what you are after.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

schnubble, the OP wants a free tour in HCMC, I seriously doubt any kid from Ha Noi would make the journey.

If the OP cannot find anyone, a quick search on Google for all relevant information about the sights of HCMC and a bit of cash for a taxi will do the trick.

Edited: 17 June 2014, 14:30
perth australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

Sorry guys, was just talking to someone about Hanoi kids and miss read the message.

5. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 17:05
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

Go with saigonhotpot.vn

Australia
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

When I used them at Xmas time I used the email address tour@saigonhotpot.com if you can ask for Jenny. She was amazing and just so sweet.

It's an amazing thing they do and we were so impressed with her passion and knowledge. It is free but you do pay for entrance etc for them but even with a tip of $30au at the end the day cost us $80au and that was in total - 3 people for 3 places to enter, taxi, 5 course meal, water and donation (not expected but it's great to help out a uni student) I would recommend them highly

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

I had trouble contacting them last year in the end I emailed my hotel and they were happy to arrange it for me with Saigon hotpot

9. Re: Ho Chi Minh City - Student tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16