We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seaford, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

hey i was wondering whether anyone could recommend a good travel agent or company to book a 1 day tour of cu chi tunnels and mekong delta - my partner and i have only a couple of days so we want to do these in one day.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

Not really possible.

Seaford, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

I have seen several tour operators offer the one day tours (smile tourist, elegant travel), however I have read that the Mekong delta part of the tour is rushed and they only take you to tourist traps.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

Any tour that offers both of those in a day will certainly only take you to the tourist trap. Most tourists wouldn't dream of trying to do both together.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

Really, if you only have a couple of days in HCMC then you need to chose one or the other. HCMC is a great city to relax and wander a little so don't limit your time attempting to cram too much in.

The tunnels can be done in half a day and unless you have some special interest of want to fire of some weapons at the end of the tour, that is all that you probably need.

The Delta needs at least a good day given the traffic to get there and back and even then you only see a limited area. Ideally, a stay overnight if you had the time to explore more.

I'd go to the Delta over the tunnels but it really comes down to what your interested in. The Delta is changing (for the worse), the tunnels will also be there as a tourist attraction.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 11:34
Level Contributor
703 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

Can't do it, just do the tunnels

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

That's also possible if you can start early a bit to the Tunnels then make it way to mytho city on the new free way Saigon - Trung Luong to Mytho - Bentre ( mekong delta) Private tour will work

Cheers

Seaford, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

cheers guys, after reading your advice we are going to do the cu chi tunnels and spend the rest of the time exploring Saigon!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

Good call Ben

9. Re: mekong delta and cu chi tunnels in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17