We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

universay adopters

Belfast
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
universay adopters

Arrived in hcmc and it's a bit crazy walking the roads lol. Is there anywhere around bui vein street to buy a plug adopter

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: universay adopters

Have you asked reception at your hotel? They may even have one to lend you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: universay adopters

We took ours with us but the our hotel (Caravelle) had one in the draw above the mini bar. If you say where you are staying one of the DE's would be able to help I'm sure.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: universay adopters

European do not need adapter.

If you have the british huge plug yes, it will not fit on any socket in any part of the planet....

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: universay adopters

I fear that the always cheerful Maurizio04 may be mistaken:

adoptvietnam.org/travel/…G20plug.jpg

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: universay adopters

Jim is that a London socket?

I hope in UK the UK plug is working....for the rest of the world i'd buy a huge adapter ^^__^^

A 5star hotel may have 3 way socket in Vietnam, but i'm not enough rich to find out :-)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: universay adopters

Jim, I like safe/irrelevant thread like this or the VOA ones....^^__^^

Lately if the topics are fake reviews or robbery my post and the whole thread will vanish even faster than mighty Google will cache them (forever?)....

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: universay adopters

Links to content that has been removed will not produce the original content by way of using Google. Sometimes, a cached copy of a page will, though.

But it is irrelevant, people will keep asking the same questions every week, regardless of how many times a simple search will turn up the answer faster than it can be asked.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: universay adopters

If your hotel cant help you ask them to direct you to Co-op Mart around the end of 23/9 Park.

Cheers Ross

Edited: 21 July 2014, 13:26
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,636 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: universay adopters

Maurizio04

European do not need adapter.

If you have the british huge plug yes, it will not fit on any socket in any part of the planet....

---------------

I've come across sockets that require UK plugs, not only in Vietnam but Singapore and Thailand. Usually 4/5 star places only. No low class stuff is the British plug! :-)

Belfast
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: universay adopters

Thanks for the replies. I am now in Cambodia. I just want to say trip adviser is open to anyone including young backpackers. My last post was removed. Wise up. You know who you are. Think of your own kids in the position I was in. Pleading for help and being ignored.