We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Topic
Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

I am looking for a 4/5 star hotel in a good central location to tourist attractions but want to be able to walk to restaurants in the evening. Would like a pool and gym. Have been looking at hotel websites but would like to know the best location from those in the know! Not travelling with children but would like a bit of luxury. Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

I have booked into the New World for our next trip - it's a good location near the lively back packer area and close to the big tourist market, but it's not right down in the most central tourist area. I haven't stayed there before.

Other options are the Rex Hotel which is in the main tourist area - I haven't stayed there.

The Majestic Hotel is very nice but I didn't like the location so much.

The Grand Silverland I really like and that's in a great spot. Pool is small though.

Good luck!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

Best located 5* hotels are the Hyatt (very expensive) and the Caravelle (a bit less expensive). If you want 5* quality at 4* prices, go for the New World or the Renaissance. Avoid state-run properties like the Rex, Grand and, worst of all, Majestic. Intercontinental is superb and location isn't too bad either, though not as good as Caravelle. Sheraton well located too but a bit bland.

Victoria Park...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

Hi have just come back from Vietnam spent 5 nights in HoChi Minh staying at the grand hotel in the luxury wing, very nice hotel within walking distance to most of the attractions, near the river in district 1 ,great breakfast selection hotel was better then we expected

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,115 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

For around $75 to $85 the Eden has a nice rooftop pool.

I have friends from Melbourne who spent a week there and loved it.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g293925-d367…

Edited: 06 August 2014, 14:02
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

The 4 star Grand Silverland fits all the bills.

Get an executive room with a window on the ninth floor for the view and easy access to the rooftop pool.

Less noise, too, when you're higher up.

The location simply cannot be beat.

You are less than 2km from all the attractions, major shops, restaurants & eateries, parks, you name it.

Regards,

John

6. Re: Hi Chi Minh Hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17