We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HCMC and Hanoi

Toronto
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HCMC and Hanoi

We arrive Sept 16 into HCMC and leave Sept 27 out of Hanoi.

Can anyone suggest how any days my wife and I should spend in HCMC and how many in Hanoi.

We'd like to do adventurous activities so any recommendations is greatly appreciated as well.

My wife loves the street vendor foods, where is the ideal place to go for that in both HCMC and Hanoi.

Thank-you

W

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HCMC and Hanoi

Your asking a big Hanoi fan here - I would spend about 3-4 in Saigon, and the remainder in the Hanoi/North Vietnam area. From Hanoi you can travel to Sapa and Ninh Binh/Mai Chau. The trekking in Sapa (NW Highlands can be adventurous if you choose).

Careful with those adventurous activities such as motorbiking in VN - if you go that route be sure to investigate extremely well (can be dangerous/illegal). Vietnam requires extensive research - even for short trips (you have to know in advance what to expect!)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HCMC and Hanoi

Have a look at the XO foodie tour in HCMC. Reviews are spectacular and we are booked in for our first. Night there in September, after many recommendations from forum members.

There are street food tours in Hanoi too - google is your friend.

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HCMC and Hanoi

Wil spend longer for north Vietnam. Hanoi - Sapa - Halong bay. North- west with Sapa is the most beautiful golden terrace rice fields by the time you come and great photo shots of havesting season.

Saigon is the best for street food and also take a couple day trip to Mekong delta.

Cheers and welcome to Vietnam

4. Re: HCMC and Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16