We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balcony Rooms

Brisbane
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Balcony Rooms

This is my first post on the Vietnam forum. I'm a bit excited. I have booked a trip for September 2015 and I have a lot to learn about Vietnam. We are looking to stay in Ho Chi Minh for a few nights and I love sitting on a room balcony with a drink and a view. My question is...Is it too polluted to want to do this? (like Bangkok). Is paying extra for a balcony worth it?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balcony Rooms

I think that rooms with a balcony are not the norm - and if they do have a balcony you have to be careful you're not on a main road - the motorbike traffic is extremely heavy and can keep you awake at night. Some people deliberately choose rooms without a window to avoid the noise. For a room with a balcony I would recommend finding a Hotel in an alley - your view will be the buliding on the other side of the alley though. Some Hotels have rooftop 'gardens' with a view. Have a look at Duc Vuong, Rex Hotel, and I think maybe Elios Hotel. Grand Silverland Hotel has a rooftop pool with spectacular city views.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balcony Rooms

Thank you! very helpful.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balcony Rooms

Can i ask what Hotel you was looking at Adventureoverseas? As we are also looking for one with a balcony

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balcony Rooms

The only time I would say a balcony is good is if you are a smoker and don't want to smoke in your bedroom

Brisbane
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balcony Rooms

@razor01 - Saigon Domaine Luxury Residences. Not sure though if its too far from the action. Provides a complimentary speedboat transfer to district 1. Note the comfy arm chairs on the balcony with a view :) Booking.com has some good photos.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balcony Rooms

The Continental is an obvious choice - balconies overlooking the Opera House. Some of the Caravelle suites also have balconies.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,195 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Balcony Rooms

Where you're going to stay a balcony will be appropriate as you're out of the city in a riverside setting.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
834 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Balcony Rooms

Check out the Little Saigon Boutique Hotel. I stayed there in April by myself for a dental visit so had a small room but they have rooms with balconies and it's in a great position.

Not to be confused with it's sister hotel Little Saigon Corner Boutique Hotel near Ben Thanh market or Saigon River Boutique Hotel ( blergh ).

9. Re: Balcony Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16