We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CuChi and Mekong Delta Trips- Kim Cafe or Delta Tour?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
CuChi and Mekong Delta Trips- Kim Cafe or Delta Tour?

Hi Fellow Travellers,

I will be in Saigon mid-Dec 2006 and deciding on a day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels(1/2 day) and Mekong Delta tour ( 1 day). Am travelling with my family of 4 adults. Hoping to hear feedbacks on either Kim Cafe or Delta Tours? Are they well organised?

Thanks.

MBug.

Phx
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: CuChi and Mekong Delta Trips- Kim Cafe or Delta Tour?

Hi,

I just got back from Vietnam a few days ago. I would recommend the Mekong Delta. It was fantastic. I didn't go to the Cu Chi tunnels because I have been told my numerous people that "westerners" won't fit in the tunnels unless your a size 4 ( and they have been enlarged for westerners at that!. The other comment that I had heard consistentlt was it it was very claustrophobic. Hope this helps. Have a great time.

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
833 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CuChi and Mekong Delta Trips- Kim Cafe or Delta Tour?

My wife and I were in Saigon around the first weekend of November and went on the Mekong Delta tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. The countryside is fascinating as is the river itesef. You can really see why Vietnam has gone from an importer of rice in 1975 to the second largest exporter of rice. It is much more mechanized now. We had our own guide and driver, but there appeared to be many other group tours going on at the same time. Having been in Vietnam 36 years ago, previously, I had zero desire to see the Cu Chi tunnels and most reviews I've read are similar to the previous reply.

A Brit in Ho Chi...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: CuChi and Mekong Delta Trips- Kim Cafe or Delta Tour?

The tunnels in Cu Chi certainly have been widened to accommodate tourists therefore most people will fit into the tunnels. You need not be a size 4! in fact I've seen people 6 feet tall with 38 inch waists quite happily fit in. There is also more to see at Cu Chi than just the tunnels and i would recommend the visit to anybody interested seeing another side of the War. Of course, American's with 'prior experience' may not find the trip to their taste.

4. Re: CuChi and Mekong Delta Trips- Kim Cafe or Delta Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 18:19