We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

Hi,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Vietnam at the end of March and I've roughly sketched out the below itinerary for us and would love to hear anyones thoughts on whether we are trying to squeeze in to much or not.

Day 1 - Arrive into HoChi Minh late in evening

Day 2 - Sightseeing around the city, maybe tunnels??

Day 3 - Mekong Delta day trip

Day 4 - Early morning flight to Hanoi, day sightseeing

Day 5 - Hanoi

Day 6 - Hanoi, overnight train to Sapa

Day 7 - Sapa

Day 8 - Sapa, overnight train back to Hanoi

Day 9 - Trip to Halong Bay

Day 10 - Halong Bay

Day 11 - early morning flight to Hue

Day 12 - Hue, afternoon trip to Hoi An

Day 13 - Hoi An

Day 14 - Hoi An

Day 15 - Trip back to Ho Chi Minh for late flight home.

I'm think I could possibly cut out the first day in Ho Chi Minh and have the Mekong day trip booked before we arrive as I hear Ho Chi Minh isn't that great??

Also thinking I could possible cut out the 3rd day in Hanoi and add an extra day in Hoi An as we want to end the trip with some solid R and R.

Look forward to any comments.

Thanks.

1. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 04:05
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

You should not cut out the first day in Ho Chi Minh City, leave this day to go around and relax after your long flight.

You can shorten the Day 5 in Hanoi to have more time in Hoi An if you wish.

Your itinerary looks good.

Have a nice Vietnam holiday!

Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

Thanks for the advice, do you also think 2 days in Sapa is enough? Is there alot in the surrounding areas to see?

Thanks again.

4. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 03:57
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

Hi , is it squeezed or not, I think it depends on your style of travelling and would not be my cup of tea. Sa Pa is beautiful, but going there and back is a nearly 24 hours trip, I think too much time for such a short stay. May be a stay in Mai Chau would be an idea too and your trip won´t become so rushed. I would fly to Da Nang instead of Hue, to stay in Hue for some hours for sightseeing isn´t enough. Hue is beautiful, but you should stay there for a minimum of two days.

Cheers

Joachim

www.vietnamandmore.com - Vietnam videos

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

2 days Sa Pa is acceptable, but 3 days is better (1 night in hotel, 1 night in the local's). Others all good

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

Het I am also planning a trip to Vietnam I would recommend the lonely planet website as well as www.vietnam-travel-guide.net, they give attractions as well as about how long to stay in each place. :)

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
451 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

Do Halong Bay first. Return next morning/lunchtime and have hotel store your luggage and leave for Sapa on evening train. That way you do not waste a day.

hanoi
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

sound good choice to cut off one day in saigon, extra day in Hoian is good, at that time is good weather in the region for relaxing

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary for 2 weeks in Vietnam

With this schedule I would forget about Ho Chi Minh and start in Hanoi. Ho Chi Minh is a great city and I love it but you will not see much in a day and a Mekong Delta day trip would be pointless - you would just be in a mini bus most of the day. This would also give you more time the spread the schedule out a little, espically around Sapa , Halong Bay. How are you getting back from Halong Bay for an early morning flight to Hue - Halong Bay is 4 hour drive from Hanoi. Hoi An is a lovely place and great for relaxing so an extra day there would be great. (and give you more time if you plan on getting any clothes made)