We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

I just had a thought-that instead of going by train from Hue-Danang-Hoi An, that maybe we could organise a car and guide, and do the same trip but by road and stop along the way.

Is this something that tour companies do-the one way thing might be annoying for them though.

Thanks

Le Family Rider
City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Stop & Go Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Hue Riders
Multi-day Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Hue Adventures - Motorbike & Jeep Tours
City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

This is a highly popular way of travelling between the two places. Your hotel or a travel agent in Hue will be able to organise a car and driver for you. The cost used to be from $50 upwards but the lowest rate will have risen since the increase in the cost of petrol.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

You could also arrange a Hue easy rider and do the transfer via motorbike with stops along the way. You should be able to organize whatever you decide with your receptionist at your hotel.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

This would be great as it saves doing that sightseeing another day. You guys are so clever!

Do the motorbike people also have cars-I can tell you there is no chance we'd be motorbiking with kids and luggage. I have motorbike issues-uncle lost a leg in an accident :(

Thanks

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

Hi There!

From Hue to Hoi an , you can go on another way! Hue to Aluoi and Prao( HO Chi Minh Trails) and My Son Holly land and Hoi an!

Cheer!

Edited: 02 August 2011, 15:55
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

I have booked a day tour from Hoi An to Hue for next February with Hue to Go (many positive reviews of them on this site). They usually do motorbikes, but my mom who will be 73 wasn't up for that. It is spendier than many people quote on here for just a car ride but we will have English speaking guide and are seeing many sights -- here's what they described for our day in my email exchanges with them:

we will pick you up at your Hotel (Hoi An) and go to The My Son first after there go to the Marble moutain, China Beach, high up the Hai Van Pass you an see The American and french Bunker on the top and then down to The Lang Co Beach after that go to the Elephant waterfall then go along the Lagoon we'll stop at the Fishing Village The End in Orchid hotel (Hue) around 4:30pm

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

Thanks Tracy. What do you have to pay for that?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

Our hotel in Hue arranged a car and driver for us and he stopped wherever we wanted. The cost was $50 in 2008 so it would be a bit more now.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

$160 for two people (eek I know many on here are going to think this is too much, but we wanted a well reviewed English speaking guide to take us to visit a variety of sights including My Son, and not just a car and driver to get between Hoi An and Hue)

Edited: 03 August 2011, 22:26
Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

Thanks Tracy. Is My Son between Hue and Hoi An?

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One way tour from Hue to Hoi An?

'Is My Son between Hue and Hoi An?'

No, it's in the opposite direction: 55 km south of Hoi An and usually treated as a half-day tour in its own right.