We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

Hi Guys

I contacted the Vedana resort re airport pick up and was quoted 680kVND for . I looked at google maps and the hotel seems to be locates as close to airport as city? The price quotes seems v expensive when looking at costs for transfer from ariport to city.... Anyone got a name/number of reliable guy to pick us up at airport and transfer to Vedana or should we organise cab when we arrive? Your help is appreciated.

1. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 07:05
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

This has been posted before on TA.

The price is not unreasonable for the long distance covered.

Unfortunately the pins are not always in the correct place on google maps.

Hue, Vietnam
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

the hotel isn't as close to airport as city. The distance from hotel to airport is double farther than it from airport to the city (~ 25km vs ~ 15km) You can take a taxi from airport, around 450K VND.

Level Contributor
20 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

I assume you mean Hue airport? Do not trust google maps with Vedana, it is nowhere near where google says it is... Vedana resort is located halfway between Hue and Danang - so when you exit Hue airport you turn left and drive for at least 30 minutes. Hue is 30 minutes from the airport in the opposite direction, and about an hour from Vedana! There aren't many other options for getting to Vedana, I stayed there recently and booked a car through Hue Private Cars so you could always email them and ask for them to beat the hotel price.

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
114 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

hue private cars

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

Actually, for the past couple of weeks, when I've searched Google Maps, the location given for Vedana Lagoon Resort has been accurate. (Thanks, probably, to Dirty Pierre who said a while back he was emailing advice to the resort management on how to relocate the pin)

Probably after the fact now - but I heard private car quotes of $25 two weeks ago (4 seater)

7. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 15:05
Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

Hi Rayza - we will have same dilemma in June so would appreciate details of how to access the private quotes you have of $25.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

I can't PM just now as I have only the phone app at present. Really, if I needed the transfer, I would choose a new looking 4 seater taxi and as it is max. 25 km, the fare at 16000 per km should be around 400 000vnd. (AUD21) The trip is straight down the highway.

10. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Vedana Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:15