We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long im Hue?

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
How long im Hue?

Hi, we fly into Hue and arrive 8:25pm. We'll take the bus to our hotel. We want to take a boat ride in the river and briefly see the ruins. We've seen many ruins and temples around the world, so we don't think we have to see everything.

We'd then like to take a private car to Hoi An and make a few stops at the places recommended in this forum. We're wondering if we can do this staying only one night in Hue. How long should we allocate for the drive to Hoi An? Can you guys please share your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

leicester
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long im Hue?

Hue has a lot to offer in terms of tombs and pagodas. It also has the Citadel. Personally if you do not wish to see these then one night is enough as there are other places to see which offer more in my opinion. I've been to Hue twice now and it is my least favourite place in Vietnam, though I still liked it. Travel to Hoi An can take anything over 4 hours depending on where you stop on route.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,355 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long im Hue?

We loved Hue and thoroughly enjoyed our 4 days there. If you have any connection to a US serviceman or woman who served in Vietnam (or if you are interested in the history of that time) I can highly recommend taking a day tour to the DMZ

3. Re: How long im Hue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 17:35
4. Re: How long im Hue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Hue