We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

We planned te end our trip through Vietnam (north to south) in de Mekong Delta region. From there we fly bach home from HCMC airport. We don't want to make a tour but prefer to stay in one town and one hotel for the four nights. From there we would like to make som trips and do some bycicle riding. What is a good place / town to stay for these 4 nights and what about a comfortable hotel overthere? Thanks for your reactions.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

Take a look at Can Tho. I stayed at the Hello hotel and found it basic but pleasent. There ale a number of trips that you can arrange throgh the hotel or through local tour providers.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

Can Tho is the obvious option.

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

Why would Can Tho be the best place to stay? Because of the town or because of the possibility of trips? How about Ben Tre? Seems to be less touristic and it's much closer to HCMC. No idea if there is anything to do.

By the way, I can't find any Happy Hotel in Can Tho.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

Ben Tre or Can Tho, though 4 nights is pushing it a bit in either - I'd do 2 nts in each, or maybe look at spending a couple of nights in Sa Dec, it's beautiful. Or go down to Phu Quoc instead.

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

for me will be Cantho, capital city of mekong delta..more activities..here

Cheers

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

The hello hotel is new and may not be listed anywhere yet. I will try to find contact information.

Why Con Tho?

Because i found it to be the most interesting and happy of places in the Mekong. The city is all about good restaraunts , coffee chops, river cruises, and has a wonderful riverside market with lots of things and areas to simply browse. It is common fokelore that the most beautiful women in Vietnam are from the Con Tho area...... After being there, naybe they are right.... but I cannot be sure.... I am too married to look ;)

Owee

www.owee58.com

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

I cast my vote for Can Tho as well. Not because of the women, obviously (my wife is from Sai Gon).

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

Thanks for your advice. Most of you vote for Can Tho. But Can Tho is quite a distance from HCMC (about 175 Km). How can we get to Cantho from HCMC centre? And more important, how do we get from Cantho to HCM Airport? We fly back home from HCMC about 19.00 and we don't want to miss this flight. Does anybody have good advice on this?

9. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 October 2011, 10:05
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which town for 4 nights at the end of our trip?

ABC, what kind of idiot are you? The OP is asking about the Mekong Delta & you're recommending hotels in Hanoi? Come on Tripadvisor, about time this user was deleted.