We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

Liege
5 posts
Save Topic
How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

We are travelling to Vietnam at the end of November and plan to travel from Hoi An to Nha Trang. After spending a few days in Nha Trang, I plan to fly to HCMC.

Has any one experienced these places before?

what are the 'must do' thing in Nha Trang?

Also, how much would it cost and how long does it take to travel by bus or car between the 2 towns?

Any hotel recommendations in Nha Trang costing in the region of US$ 40-50 per night would be appreciated too.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

Hoi An has had very heavy flooding recently. Check it out before going.

There are flights out of Danang to Nha Trang. Book early! You will waste 12 hours by road.

You don't need to spend 50$ to sleep in a good hotel in Nha Trang.

!15-20 is plenty unless you arrive during Tet. Try the Golden or Seaview hotels 5 minutes from the beach on Hung Vuong and Biet Thu streets.

Perth
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

I visited Nha Trang in July this year and loved it...be careful though, the sun scorches!!! We spent about $70 per night, which is expensive, but it was worth it!! We had a suite room, with a separate lounge and bedroom, 2 TV's and 2 bathrooms..we stayed at Asia Paradise. It was right near the beach, we had a great view, and it was soooo close to heaps of good restaurants. We flew between HCMC & Nha Trang with Vietnam Airlines...i booked my flights through ivivu.com who were great, they delivered our tickets to our hotel in HCMC.

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

you can also catch a train I believe from hoi an , if you have the time

belfast
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

How you can catch a train from Hoi an considering there is not a train station is beyond me....

Sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

Hi...

Just cam back from VN. We travelled from Hoi An to Nha Trang by train. To do this you need to take a taxi from Hoi An to Danang (where the train station is)...you can get this for $8 - $12 US...we got it for $10 US. It takes 1 hour.

Train cost between $23-$30 US (4 berth sleeper) and I think it was a 9 hour train ride (you need to probably check this). Two trains leave per day- we left at the 1.15pm train and arrived in Nha Trang around 10pm. Whilst you probably only need a 'seat' (cheaper) if you have luggage - I would sugegst getting a sleeper (4 berth...simple bed) - so at least you have somewhere to store your luggage (in your compartment with you) and you can lie down and have a snooze along the way. Buy some food before getting on the train to have along the way.

Was very easy to get to Nha Trang for Hoi An....and if you are choosing between bus or train - definitely go train. I believe flying isn;t that much more expensive but book ahead as we couldn't get on a flight as it was fully booked.

Good luck !

Linda

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

sorry -didnt mean to mislead- I didnt get to do this leg personally as I had to change plans and flew direct to HCMC from danang instead. Hotel didnt get around to explaining nitty gritty ( eg. about train from danang to nha trang) as plans changed mid discussion.

Danang is not far from Hoi an so its still doable.

7. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2007, 19:53
sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

we did the reverse - Nha Trang to Hoi An - by overnight sleeper train. An experience but not something we'll do again because flying is just so cheap. People were smoking in our cabin at night! I thought initially we were on fire :)

Nha Trang is pretty bland (coming from Aus beaches) - but one thing you must do is the hot springs and mineral mud baths - fantastic!

9. Re: How to travel from Hoi An To Nha Trang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 11:23
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang