We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoiAn or Nha Trang

australia
9 posts
Save Topic
HoiAn or Nha Trang

We are a family of 3 with a 15year old. Had planned to spend some time in HoiAn.

How do you get from HoiAn to NhaTrang and how long does it take? The 15year old loves active outdoor activities...not lying around on beaches. What would you recommend?

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

The forum has an excellent search facility

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293928-i9826-k157…

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

Nha Trang probably has more things to do for a 15 year old than anywhere else. You can travel by sleeper bus, train, or air. (from close by Danang)

Here is a link to mor information on Nha Trang

owee58.com/2010/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

We stayed in both places last year and really enjoyed them both.

However if I could only go to one I would choose Nha Trang. There is definitely more to do there.

We flew from Nha Trang to Hoi An, I think it was around an hour, sorry I can't remember exactly.

Nha Trang
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

Nha Trang definitely has more to do for a 15 year old, as well as family in general. Flying from Hoi An (Danang is the airport) is about an hour and the easiest and time effective way to get to Nha Trang.

Some of the things to do include Vin Pearl Resort, all the water sports...mud baths and lots more.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

Hoi an is a great pleace to visit but with a 15 year old Nha Trang would be a better option.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

From Hoi An, you can take the sleeping bus to Nha Trang, it take about 11 hours.If you want to take the train or flight, it start from Da Nang (30km from Hoi An).

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

Hoi An hands down.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

With a 15yr old has to be Nha Trang.

yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

Hoi an wins hands down with me - even with a 15 year old, as you can still go on the beach but have an amazing beautiful town too. We visited both when we were travelling for 7 months at the beginning of this year and Hoi An was in my top 10 of places we went to. Nha trang is nice but had none of the charm of Hoi An and I felt like you could almost be anywhere in the world - nice beach,high rise hotels and fast food from around he world.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HoiAn or Nha Trang

NT any day of the week