We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DEVON ENGLAND
Level Contributor
39 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

We got slightly ripped of by the well known green meter taxis.

We wanted to go to the town to find a hotel. Un be known to us at the time the town is a short journey ( with the train station behind you ) to the right .

We went the very long way round the block costing 80,000. He went left , then right ,over the river , right down the main road to the furthest roundabout out of town and then right and followed the sea front road. A nice big detour square

It should be .( with train station behind you ) To the right , down the road , over the traffic lights and right . This os the town

The return journey from the golden swan with the same green taxi firm was 35000.

Nha Trang, Khanh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

I went through a similar situation in ho chi minh and Hanoi I now use the GPS feature on my cellphone and check to see exactly where the driver is going. My first arrival in Ho Chi Minh the taxi cost me 400,000 dong from the train station to the hotel on the return trip it was 80,000 I was actually in shock how close my hotel actually was to the train station the first cab I took definitely took a scenic route.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

The train station is 2 minutes from the tourist area....you can even walk without luggage...Taxi are better used with an address, any big hotel name you remember.

Nha Trang, Khanh...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

the train station is 2-3 km away from tourist area and it's cost approx 30,000d-45,000d at all. to the guest who have smartphone should use the phone for measuring the distance.

Minh

DEVON ENGLAND
Level Contributor
39 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

Is that on an app that can be used offline ?

Would be good to have.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

It's called Google Maps. Anywhere you go, investigate simple things, like distances, routes, etc. before you get there. That way you will rarely be caught off balance. Every trip I take I study the target area first. I also save an offline map of the area so I have a working map even without 3G or wifi.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

Even if somewhere is really close if you have luggage it's a problem so you really need to get a taxi it's just a shame that this guy conned you.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

If Google Maps finally works offline an Android cell has some use also in Vietnam...

I need to buy one.. ^_^

8. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 March 2013, 17:06
Edited: 20 March 2013, 17:06
QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

LOL at buying and lugging all that ^^^^^^^ when free google maps in a $50 phone does the same.

Or if a bigger screen is needed, a cheap Android tablet with gps already in it.

Edited: 07 March 2013, 19:40
10. Re: Nha trang train station cab scam . Turn right not left. l

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 21:47
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang