We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it the right resort for me?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Is it the right resort for me?

Trying to weigh up Nha Trang as a destination for my next July holiday. Just a little unsure if I will like it....the thing that is putting me off is that it looks so high rise and I read in some reports that the beach is dirty !

but saying that, I have been reading restaurants reviews and it sounds like there are some fabulous eating places.

I like to relax in the day, maybe a little shopping and a good meal at night, my ave beach places in the Far East are Hua Hin, Sairee beach, Bophut beach and white sands in ko Chang.....does Nha Trang measure up to these places please ?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

Nha Trang is first and foremost in Vietnam. That alone sets it apart from other places you have visited. Yes, many tourists like to stay in big chain hotels close to the beach. Hence the big buildings. There are hundreds of smaller hotels, though. If you want the Hua Hinh experience that's where you should go.

The beach is not that dirty, the caretakers who rent the pointers do a good job cleaning.

Alas, Vietnam's charms cover a lot more than beaches. If beaches with white sand weigh heavily on the scale for you, perhaps Nha Trang isn't for you.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 20:34
manchester
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

Thanks Jim B, the beach isn't such a big deal. In fact HH beach isn't up to much.

I have been to Vietnam before but just never got to Nha Trang.

Somewhere to sunbathe like the Louisiane will do us fine.

A variety of eating places is very important to us. Last but not least, weather in July . Is it a bit risky? Thanks

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

The weather is risky only if you don't like hot, sunny and dry. The Louisiane keeps a clean beach. Go for it!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

Sounding great. It's looking favourite , thanks again :)

st helens merseyside
Level Contributor
217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

I loved Nha Trang when I was there in Feb this year. Loads of places to eat beach was lovely not dirty at all. But i would also take a taxi and visit long beach so unspoilt and visit the Shack you can have your own individual BBQ with seafood and so chfeap also the guy is american and does amazing burgers

Great day out

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

Good, yes. Cheap? No way. Considering that everything has to be transported from Nha Trang though, the 100% markup on everything is justified.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

You did not mention which high rise hotel you are going to book?

Plenty of smaller places around Nha Trang plus island resorts. Weather will be good then and you should only see the odd thunderstorm which won't last long.

8. Re: Is it the right resort for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang