We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in town

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Topic
Getting around in town

Hello,

1. I will be arriving Nha Trang train station, then heading to catch a bus to Dalat. From Google Map, it shows that it is about 2.5km. Is there a bus in the town/ city that I can use?

2. Is there any tricycle or motorbike transfer service to allow me to move around, i.e. to go to church, Ponagar Tower, beach, Long Son Pagoda, morning market etc.?

3. Is it possible to cycle to these places? Where can I rent a bicycle near to the train station?Thanks so much for your advice. Cheers!

1. Re: Getting around in town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 17:06
Edited: 04 August 2014, 17:06
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around in town

I assume you mean that the distance to the bus station is 2.5 km. A motorbike taxi will cost you about 30,000. It would be simpler than figuring out the bus.

You can use motorbike taxis (Honda ôm) to move about, it is a bit cheaper than taking a taxi. The distances are relatively short in Nha Trang. You can easily get around on a bicycle, I do it all the time. You hotel receptionist can direct you to a place where you can rent one, but most likely the hotel itself can rent you bike.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around in town

Depending on which hotel you are staying at many places mentioned you can walk to. taxis are not expensive.

Hotel should be able to give you a map and also get a hold of the free magazine " what's on Nha Trang". It has a small map and has loads of information on Nha Trang.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around in town

You should take taxi or xe om (motorbike) to go to the hotel from train station. Then you can ask hotel staff for renting a bicycle. I think they will be very happy to help you.

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around in town

While in Nha Trang this last time we found it was very easy to take the bus around town and that is what we did, it is very cheap.

6. Re: Getting around in town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang