We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nha trang ???

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cork
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nha trang ???

Hi all my friends and i are going to saigon / nha trang oct/nov 10 weeks time..my question is we plan on going to nha trang for 4 days ; but looking at some sites it seems crime ridden..now we are seasoned travellers and are careful but we like to party and enjoy ourselves should we look some where else ..advice welcome thanks

cork
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: nha trang ???

Hi Dp sun city looks good but you said you booked on agoda rather than walk in.better price.we will be in ho chi minh first .will the hotels in ho chi minh take care of this for us or should we book before we go to vietnam.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,416 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: nha trang ???

Dear Aham from Cork,

We literally booked the two rooms two days day before on Agoda then we flew up to Nha Trang from HCMC.

A tip for the airport. Get a set price taxi into town. 350,000dong although the meter still ran and it showed 610,000dong. He was a cool dude so we gave him 400,000dong when we reached the hotel. going back to the airport we paid the Sun City Hotel 250,000dong when we paid for our motorbike hire and they organised a private car to return us to the the airport. We tipped the driver 50,000dong again because he was friendly and loaded and unloaded our bags.

just to add a nice note about the hotel, they got the maids to check our rooms and they found my phone battery I had left behind but missed my friends shoes. After we rang them from HCMC they put them on a bus to HCMC for us and wouldn't accept any money for freight.

cork
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: nha trang ???

Lovely..thanks for that Dp sounds good .will book that hotel from ho chi minh.will be inHCMC 2/3 days not sure.must check out your videos on the food distribution for the poor .if we enjoy our holiday will give back.for sure thanks.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
57 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: nha trang ???

Haven't been to Nha Trang in four years but when we stayed there back in 2010, we shacked up at the Ha Van Hotel and we found it to be an absolute GEM of a hotel. The rooms were nice, great location and best of all, the daily breakfast was delicious.

Enjoy your trip!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,416 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: nha trang ???

Ha Van Hotel was a hotel that I have recommended for years as it was a very professionally run hotel. About two months ago they sent me a letter stating due to the change in tourist demographics in Nha Trang they have decided to cater for a different market now. It is now a young partying backpackers market with parties to go with it, so if you fit into those demographics its the place for you.

Nha Trang itself has changed.

I have to admit that the new emphasis on catering to the Russians in NT has surprised me as I had read reports but didn't quite believe it would be that big an influence. I was wrong. I struggled to find signs in English or Vietnamese, only Russian. It won't stop me from going to Nha Trang but it may stop others.

you will still have fun there even though the famous Booze Cruise has been stopped altogether, there are still island hopping cruises, but without the party.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
57 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: nha trang ???

Wow, so sad to hear that Ha Van took the backpacker route. It was such a gem back in 2010. Very surprised to hear about that much of the tourism is catered towards Russians. Not that the Russians are bad people by any means, it's just never good when a destination starts to cater to the people of one specific country.

Thanks for the update.

--

Ryan - www.pausethemoment.com

17. Re: nha trang ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 18:38
18. Re: nha trang ???

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 18:38
19. Re: nha trang ???

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 16:06
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: nha trang ???

Martha L, are you able to provide links to documentation that supports your claim? As a part time resident of Nha Trang I do not entirely share your claim and naturally I'm curious.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 15:50