We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Sadakhlo Border...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
Save Topic
After Sadakhlo Border...

Hi:

I am planning to take a bus from Tbilisi to Yerevan. I understand the journey takes about 6 hours.

I would like to know the following:

1. How long is the distance from the border to Yerevan?

2. I think the nearest sight after the border is the Debed Canyon to see Haghpat and Sanahin Monastery, will the bus allow any passenger to alight or will the bus pass by the 2 monasteries?

3. Other than the monasteries, are there any other places I can visit before reaching Yerevan?

It is not important for me to be at Yerevan at the same day, but my end poing will be Yerevan as I will be flying back from there.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Matt

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: After Sadakhlo Border...

Just have a look at Google Maps, it tells you the exact distances and you can see which places you will pass on the way. If you ask the driver to let you off anywhere, I'm sure that's no problem. Just flag down another car when you want to go from there, either by hitchhiking, accepting a local as a taxi or maybe you will see a marshrutkaas well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After Sadakhlo Border...

there are many important stops before arriving in yerevan especially in the lori area. The monasteries are two important sights. However going to the goshavank and odzun monasteries are so highly suggested. They are very important historical sights and located in very nice settings. Additionally, I would suggest to stay in dilijian which is around a little more than an hour from yerevan in the north. It is a well known Armenian town and has many historical and architectural sights. It has some of the best natural sights in armenia. If you want to stay here I could give you some suggestions on places to stay. Also from here before reaching yerevan you could take a day trip to lake sevan which has great swimming and churches around lake.Also, I highly suggest going to southern armenia. It is by far the most adventurous part of armenia. You could go for a day trip or stay a night. I recommend going to noravank an amazing church in between a canyon, areni a major wine town, which also was the site of the oldest winery and the oldest shoe in the world. Additionally, it has many activities revolving around caving, additionally one of the most amazing churches in Armenia is Tatev monastary. If you choose to stay in the region you could spend the night in goris which has many nice places to stay and is the center of southern armenia. Around yerevan there also important sights such as the geghard pagan temple and geghard cave monestary. Also you must try the brandy in armenia. If you have any other questions on armenia please feel free to ask.

3. Re: After Sadakhlo Border...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 21:05
4. Re: After Sadakhlo Border...

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 21:05
5. Re: After Sadakhlo Border...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Armenia