We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3Days in Armenia

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
198 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
3Days in Armenia

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to Armenia and Georgia and plan to stay 3 days in Armenia. How many should I spend in Yerevan and where else should I go on the other days?

Thanks

1. Re: 3Days in Armenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 16:49
Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3Days in Armenia

well, in Yerevan you need to go to "CASCADE COMPLEX", also if u are intersted u can go to "dzidzernagapert" the Armenian Genocide Memorial Monument, and don't miss the "yerevan singing fountains" at night in the republic square. aslo there is the "swan lake" and the "vernissaje" the open air market for souvenirs and crafts.

if u are interested in churches u can go to the cathedral of St. Gregory, the illuminator in Yerevan also.

outside yerevan, u must god to Lake Sevan, and go up the hill at "Sevan Monastery" to view the turquoise lake sevan and the surrounding nature. u can also swim in the lake if u want.

if u want to see Mount ARARAT, u can go to "KHOR VIRAP" the best place where u can have the most majestic scene in the world of the fabulous mount ARARAT which is the symbol of motherland for every armenian living in any corner of the world.(although it is now located in turkey)

another must see is the Garni temple and the garni gorge, Along the sides of the gorge are cliff walls of well preserved basalt columns, carved out by the Goght River. This portion of the Garni Gorge is typically referred to as the "Symphony of the Stones". ...

also u can get a ride on "WINGS OF TATEV" , the world's longest ropeway, u'll have an unforgettable route to Armenia’s medieval Tatev Monastery.

too many other places....

u need to tell me what type of tours u like so that i can help u better. do u like nature?sightseeing?lakes? architecture? churches?...

hope it was helpful!

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3Days in Armenia

well, in Yerevan you need to go to "CASCADE COMPLEX", also if u are intersted u can go to "dzidzernagapert" the Armenian Genocide Memorial Monument, and don't miss the "yerevan singing fountains" at night in the republic square. aslo there is the "swan lake" and the "vernissaje" the open air market for souvenirs and crafts.

if u are interested in churches u can go to the cathedral of St. Gregory, the illuminator in Yerevan also.

outside yerevan, u must god to Lake Sevan, and go up the hill at "Sevan Monastery" to view the turquoise lake sevan and the surrounding nature. u can also swim in the lake if u want.

if u want to see Mount ARARAT, u can go to "KHOR VIRAP" the best place where u can have the most majestic scene in the world of the fabulous mount ARARAT which is the symbol of motherland for every armenian living in any corner of the world.(although it is now located in turkey)

another must see is the Garni temple and the garni gorge, Along the sides of the gorge are cliff walls of well preserved basalt columns, carved out by the Goght River. This portion of the Garni Gorge is typically referred to as the "Symphony of the Stones". ...

also u can get a ride on "WINGS OF TATEV" , the world's longest ropeway, u'll have an unforgettable route to Armenia’s medieval Tatev Monastery.

too many other places....

u need to tell me what type of tours u like so that i can help u better. do u like nature?sightseeing?lakes? architecture? churches?...

hope it was helpful!

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3Days in Armenia

there is the voctory park with the statue of mother armenia, also in yerevan.

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3Days in Armenia

Hi Rita Y,

Good day --

I am planning to go to Armenia this coming May, actually I want them all; nature, sightseeing, lakes, architecture and churches.Please advise which travel agency or tour company in Yerevan is the best to go to if I want to do all of the mentioned activities?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michael

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3Days in Armenia

I agree with the suggestions of sightseeing opportunities above. Yerevan is definitely charming (try to pay attention to the little things and you will note a peculiar union of Eastern and Western cultures here), but the true beauty of Armenia lies in its nature and history, so do try to get out of the capital everyday which you spend here. I myself have not yet been to Tatev monastery complex, but heard it's awe inspiring picturesque place (especially in the green season!), so definitely try to go there. As for a tour company, I saw Hyus Service recommended a lot.

7. Re: 3Days in Armenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 23:26
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
198 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3Days in Armenia

How much did it cost?

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: 3Days in Armenia

Hi I'm also planning to go to Armenia in May, any suggestions for a female solo traveler? Thanks!

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
14 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3Days in Armenia

Hi Tes23,

What kind of vacation are you looking for? When are you coming and how many days are you planning to stay here? Just give me some more details, so I can suggest how best you can spend your time in my country.