We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train schedule Confusion from Tbilisi to Yerevan

Ottawa
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Train schedule Confusion from Tbilisi to Yerevan

Hello,

We are planning to take a train from Tbilisi to Yerevan during an upcoming trip to the region, but have read conflicting information about the schedule for this train. We would like to take a night train leaving Tbilisi on May 25th and arriving in Yerevan on May 26th.

Does anyone know whether there is an overnight train to Yerevan and whether this train runs daily or only on odd days? We've tried to find this trip on the Georgian railway schedule but did not find Yerevan listed on the schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train schedule Confusion from Tbilisi to Yerevan

Unless you are committed ot take a train, i would takke a marshrutka insread. The train is very slow by comparison

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train schedule Confusion from Tbilisi to Yerevan

There is an overnight train to yerevan. It leaves every other day so you'd have to check when you go there. It cost us 35euro to go first class and I slept the whole way there. I thought it was a good experience but the bus I've heard is quicker.

3. Re: Train schedule Confusion from Tbilisi to Yerevan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:15