We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curfew

Darmstadt, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Curfew

I read at the newspaper that there is an infinite curfew. What are the implications? I planned to travel to Khulna by the end of next week, via Dhaka of course.

Thank you in advance,

Karlo

Vila Velha, ES
Level Contributor
32 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curfew

Dear Karlo,

did you actually go to Dhaka and Khulna? We are goin there in January 2008 and would like to know your experience. And if you can recommend any special place and/or hotel in the country?

Thanks

Christoph

Darmstadt, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curfew

Hi Christoph,

it was actually a business trip and therefore quite organized. In Dhaka we were staying at the BRAC Centre Inn near Gulshan I, which is managed by a big NGO (BRAC). Very good rooms (although not top class hotel like) and a decent restaurant. Travel between Dhaka and Khulna was with GMG Airline (a private national airline using Dash turboprops), with the plane going to Jessore and from there you'd have to take the bus to Khulna (bus service is provided by GMG airline). Do not build on tight schedules: the flight out of Jessore had a 5 hours delay and a Japanese couple was actually loosing their connecting international flight. In Khulna, the Castle Salam Hotel is definitely the best choice. Large air-conditioned rooms, and they have their own emergency power aggregate which is a big plus in a place like Khulna with its frequent power cuts.

Anyway, since your question was rather un-specific I have now idea what else to tell you. Avoid boiled food - grilled etc. is much better. Bring anti-diarrheal medicine and electrolyte solutions (powder packets). Use a moskito repellent and a moskito net. Only drink bottled water, use it even for tooth brushing. Bring some small present for children.

Karlo

3. Re: Curfew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 06:21