We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe to travel?

topka
1 post
Save Topic
safe to travel?

My parents are going to Bangladesh and I'm a little worried because last time they tried to go they were advised not to back in 2013. I guess I'm just looking for 2nd opinions to help keep me less worried. But yeah, is it okay to go at this time?

Dhaka
Destination Expert
for Bangladesh
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safe to travel?

If your parents come within April; then hopefully everything's will be ok. After April political violence can be raise.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safe to travel?

Hello,

At the moment it is quite and calm in Bangladesh plus the weather is good too. So it is advisable to travel into Bangladesh.

Regards,

Piyush

UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safe to travel?

Hi lilboi.

Bangladesh is not a warzone like Syria or as bad as places like Egypt at the moment.

Just two things to be careful during strikes (hartals) are declared it is better not to make long journeys on road and avoid certain areas.

I was in Bangladesh in Jan when there were alot of strikes and we had not experienced any form of problems.

Also as you are new, it is advisable to eloborate your question so people can give better answers.

Oregon
Level Contributor
335 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safe to travel?

I've been here for 28 days and haven't experienced a single problem. My only real fears have been riding up front next to bus drivers in roughly 20 hours of bus travel. One could look at it as the best thrill ride in the world, but I'd advise them (as does every guidebook) to try to take trains when possible.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safe to travel?

I visited Bangladesh last year during spring and autumn and faced some inconviences due to the countrywide Hartals (strikes). Bangladeshi people are very kind and suportive to visitors. So if any problem occurs, many people will help to reach your destiny. At the moment Bangladesh is peaceful and the whether is very attractive. So do not hesitate to visit Bangladesh and enjoy the hospitality of the Bangladeshi's.

If your parents are interested in a cozy way of lodging, please check www.golpataecotours.com and contact them to stay in their B & B, only 15 minutes from the international airport.

Dhaka
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: safe to travel?

Travelling Bangladesh is 100% safe now. Now a days even there is no political meetings on the street. So, dont hesitate to send you father to Bangladesh.

Mahmud

Dhaka City...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: safe to travel?

Travel is the movement of people between relatively distant geographical locations, and can involve travel by foot, bicycle, automobile, train, boat, airplane, or other means, with or without luggage, and can be one way or round trip. Travel can also include relatively short stays between successive movements.[url= http://www.covomo.com]More[/url]

UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: safe to travel?

Sumya M@ I think we are al aware more or less of the definiton of travel. lilboi seems to be those one timers who opens a thread and shoots off into the oblivion

Atlanta, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: safe to travel?

No need to worry. Bangladesh is a country of natural beauty. And your parents are coming in the mid of April. Weather of this period is good for traveling. temperature between 24-26 C. So your parents will enjoy their traveling.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: safe to travel?

Traveling to Bangladesh is 100% safe now. political situation is calm and quiet. there is no violence as mentioned by the other travelers. Even there is no possibility of staring political violence near future unlike mentioned by Saiful I. So dont worry. Your father will feel safe here.