We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

London
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

Where are the best places to go for Women's indian clothes (salwar & kameez) shopping in dhaka?

Dhaka
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

Chadni Chalk, new market....

Dhaka
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

Pink City market in Gulshan would be a good option. You can find good quality BD designer Salwar kameez, Indian and Pakistani Salwar suits there, a little pricy but convenient for you. Arong at Gulshan Or Uttara have good options as well. For good burgain and all price options, Gausia- Chadni chawk, NewMarket ( all in the same location) are best. Yet these non AC crowded market would please you if you get fun out shopping.

3. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 16:12
Dhaka, null...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

Hi,

The Best places are:

New Market, Gaucia and Bashundhara Shopping Mall for Women's indian clothes (salwar & kameez).

However,

You can get any Air ticket and Holiday Package with us: THE TRAVELLERS which is an exclusive travel Agent. We sell Domestic in international Air Ticket. You can Purchase ticket with us from London Also.

Our Contact Address is:

The Travellers

Suite-607, 5th Floor, MNSN Tower,

60 Dilkusha C/A, Motijheel,

Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.

Phone: +88 02 9564638, Fax: +88 02 9559993

Mobile: +88 01711030660, +88 01678010501.

E-mail: thetravellersdhaka@yahoo.com; emran54@yahoo.com

Web: http://www.facebook.com/thetravellersdhaka

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

Islampur Market , Islampur. Old Dhaka. or 1st floor of Banga Bazar.

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

I would say go to Bashundhara centre opposite the Sonargaon Hotel. the biggest shopping centre in Bangladehs, and easier if you are new to Bangladesh

UK
Level Contributor
916 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

Best not to venture in Gaucia as the crowds can be a bit overwhelming. As mentioned above Pink City and Bashundhara City are good places to look.

However in my recent visit to Dhaka, there is this decent botique we came across just beside United hospital (the main entrance). They also do tailoring and even have small cafeteria. Prices are high but more reasonable than Aarong and Pink City.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
834 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

For higher end salwar kameez, Dressy Dale in Banani Kamal Ataturk Road isnt bad...

Dhaka
Level Contributor
222 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

better try some indian city for these . . . why r u planning for these at dhaka?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: women's indian clothes shopping in dhaka

For Indian salwar kameez, go to Basundhara city shopping mall, you will have many options there (both indian and bangladeshi). Also check "Deshi Dash" in Basundhara mall 7th floor, they have good collection of Bangladeshi clothes.

I dont recommend New Market or Gausia as it is too crowded. You must be good at bargain if you want to buy things from these places.

Instead of looking for Indian clothes, check Bangladeshi salwar kameez in Aarong in Gulshan, i believe you will like it. I have taken many of my western friends, teachers, colleauges to aarong and they loved it.

Get answers to your questions about Dhaka City