We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

I have recently returned from Dhaka (well November last year) and whilst I only spent a few days in the city and its suburbs, I loved my stay and met some friendly local people. Thus I have detailed a small list of what I enjoyed the most about the city.

…wordpress.com/2014/…

I would like to know your firm favourite attractions in Dhaka? A leisurely stroll around Baldha Garden, or a trip to bustling Sadarghat? Is there anywhere for shopping in Dhaka that compares to Delhi's Connaught Place?

Aarong
Department Stores, Gift & Speciality Shops
Bashundhara City
Gift & Speciality Shops
Jamuna Future Park
Gift & Speciality Shops
New Market
Flea & Street Markets
London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

Nice list. Didn't you visit New Market?

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

You may go nondon park, botanical garden, nuhash polli for spending leisure.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
98 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

BackpackerLee,

Due to your extremely short stay in Dhaka, you missed out on a lot of tourist attractions in Dhaka and especially in the rest of Bangladesh. Most tourist attractions are located outside of Dhaka.

Nevertheless, I hope you'll be able to cover Bangladesh more thoroughly in the very near future.

Cheers!

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

Thanks, I hope to see more in the future, I enjoyed Dhaka more than any Indian city apart from Kolkata.

Atlanta, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

It is nice to hear from you. Dhaka is a nice city. A lot of historical places around this city. I think you visit almost of the places near to Dhaka.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

BackpackerLee,

It seems you have covered most of the popular and historical tourist place in Dhaka city. That is great. And nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Dhaka.

I want to thank you for summarising your visit in a great way. this will really help other traveler to have the real experience about Dhaka.

Did you visit New Market/Elephant road market area? or legendary Banga Bazar/ Gulistan area? If not then you are invited to visit this place when you will come to Bangladesh again. Also try to spend some time outside of Dhaka city to have the glimpse of real Bangladesh, to meet real Bangladeshi, to have real Bangladeshi hospitality.

Oregon
Level Contributor
346 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

I enjoyed Dhaka a lot. Really chaotic place, but if you feed off the crowds of people and interact, it's quite exciting. Hit those crowded streets in Dhaka and meet the people. Most everyone is game to have their photo taken, so it's a photographer's paradise (though sometimes EVERYONE wants a picture). I enjoyed the National Museum and the Liberation Museum and found both every educational, but like any city, it's not about the museums and monuments, it's about the people.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

Sohaghossain, I did not get the chance to visit New Market. I liked to visit a shopping area (preferably a traditional one) in every country that I visit, but was not able to in Bangladesh.

Thanks for the tips about staying outside Dhaka, I will certainly do it next time I come! I want to see Buddha Dhatu Jadi next time, as I like Buddhist temples.

9. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 12:28
Detroit Lakes...
Level Contributor
32 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A small guide of what to do in Dhaka - your tips?

Bookmarking.

Get answers to your questions about Dhaka City