We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ulu Temburong NP - malaria advice?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Ulu Temburong NP - malaria advice?

They say Brunei is malaria free, but what if I did the longboat tour up the river deep into the jungle to do some canopy walks etc. More mosquitoes obviously, but is malaria prevalent in that NP?

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ulu Temburong NP - malaria advice?

have not heard of a case in recent memories.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ulu Temburong NP - malaria advice?

I just glanced at the malaria map as I was emptying the suitcase; this is the map the immunization clinic gave me. It showed the entire country - including Temburong - as "no protective measures are necessary".

Of course, I'm just somebody on the internet.

BTW, I went to Temburong twice and don't remember any mosquitoes. I might've used DEET; can't remember.

Edited: 22 January 2013, 22:00
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,332 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ulu Temburong NP - malaria advice?

Insect repellant lotions are widely available nowadays, I suggest you buy one, use it and that's it. All you need to do is enjoy your vacation.

4. Re: Ulu Temburong NP - malaria advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Brunei Darussalam