We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do and where to stay in brunei

mla
4 posts
Save Topic
what to do and where to stay in brunei

hi,

i'd like to ask what are the best places to visit or must-see places for the halfday stay we will have on the 1st of March in Brunei. and where can we stay that is clean but cheap. we are 7 in a group.

also how much is renting a van for a half day tour and is it worth it or taking public transpo is still ok.

thanks so much,

cathy

Aussie - Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do and where to stay in brunei

Yes I would also like to know as I'm thinking of doing a stop over for a few days and it would be nice to know what to see and do?

mla
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do and where to stay in brunei

hi,

already been to brunei.

we stayed at KH Soon services and Rest house just across Brunei Hotel. it cost us 17 brunei dollars per head. u can take the bus and have a round trip for only B$1 for bus no. 1 which can take u also to the Bolkiah mosque.

the rest house is near the terminal and within the city proper so everything is almost walking distance. u can walk to the Sultan Omar Ali mosque.

not much to see though in Brunei. maybe u can just take the ferry to lawas then bus to kota kinabalu.

hope this helps

Bandar Seri...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do and where to stay in brunei

theres always sumthing to do, just dont expect it to be the kind of holiday that everyone expects.

eco-tourism has always been big in brunei, u cud try head down to temburong and for a price u cud stay at the research station, while ur at it go jungle treking or river kayaking,

i think they provide meals there (at the research station) as well so u dont have to hunt or forage.

if u dont fancy all of the above then i advise u to head on to sabah or sarawak in neighbouring malaysia. theyve got great nightscenes and theres alcohol =)

hope i wasnt too late in replying or are u alredy at sabah getting a nice tan lol

mla
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do and where to stay in brunei

hi there,

thanks for ur reply. maybe theres a lot of eco-tourism in brunei and if we had more time, maybe we could have visited them.

were not much into nightscenes and alcohol, if the place have them then its ok.

we came from kota kinabalu climbing mt. kinabalu and had a side trip to brunei, thats why i was asking what we can do for a half day trip.

our trip ended march 3. so thanks anyway.

5. Re: what to do and where to stay in brunei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Bandar Seri Begawan