We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress wear in resort

WA
Level Contributor
68 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dress wear in resort

Hello,

I am staying at the Empire when I have a short stay in Brunei. I realise the dress code for outside the resort, with below the knees and covering shoulders. But is it ok for woman to be more casual, and wear singlets etc in and around hotel. And bathers etc in pool.I do not wish to offend anyone! Thanks

Pip

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
296 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress wear in resort

Hi

Dress code is much the same as any five star resort.So yes you can show your shoulders and legs.The only restrictions I can recall as no swim ware to be warn in public areas like reception or dining rooms,lifts.Footware and shirts must be warn inside hotel.There are good changing rooms and showers down at the pool.There are also fresh towels .Relax by the pool all day and have a good time.The pool snacks are very filling $18 try the club sandwich comes with chips and salad.Drinks are expensive so if you can pick up juice and bottled woter before you leave the airport.There are no 7/11 shops out by the Empire you are 30 minutes out of town so a bit isolated.$8 for a bottle of water.

Regards

KIWIKEITH

Ballina
Level Contributor
26 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress wear in resort

Glad for the advice about bottled water at the airport, it seems such a waste to spend a fortune on water but when travelling I just have to.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress wear in resort

Hi Pip,

Stayed at the Empire 2 years ago. Bathers are def ok for swimming - you need to pop your clothes over as you are heading to the pool because as a previous poster said you can't just wear bathers throughout the hotel (like you may be able to at hotels in Australia). Dress standards are the same as any other fine hotels. We didn't feel out of place at all in our normal day to day clothes.

It is expensive to eat and drink at the resort. We took their shuttle bus to a major shopping centre (can't for the life of me remember it's name). They had this amazing food court there and the meals were pretty cheap ($5 or $6 for a nice meal). The food court was a bit nicer than food courts over here. They also make amazing milkshakes.

The Empire is amazing. The lobby is beautiful and our rooms were just gorgous. The quality of everything is top class. I'm sure you will have a wonderful stay.

Any questions, just ask and I'll see if I can help.

Cheers,

NJay

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress wear in resort

Whoops!

Just noticed you have already been and come back. Glad you enjoyed the Empire too.

5. Re: Dress wear in resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 07:26
Get answers to your questions about Bandar Seri Begawan