We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers at Brunei airport

Which Bandar Seri Begawan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Showers at Brunei airport

We will be having a 3 hour stopover at this airport in November. Can anyone tell me:

1. Is it possible to have a shower while in transit

2. How much does it cost

3. Do they provide soap, shampoo and towels or do I have to take my own?

4. Are there hairdryers?

Thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

Did you find out the answers to your questions? I would like to know exactly the same. Thanks

Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

I found this link below. It doesn't answer all questions so I'm still looking too. I have a 5 hour transit here in a few months so I'm interested too.

sleepinginairports.net/asia/bandarseribegawa…

Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

Woops - meant to put this link in (although the other is good to read too!)

http://www.hotelzasia.com/bruairport.htm

London (originally...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

At the airport I wanted to change, shower etc and used the airport day rooms I paid B$10 for 2 hours, this includes private room (two beds, desk cupboard etc), Private modern bathroom, clean towel and soap. I thought it was very good value, the rooms are underground and have no windows, but there is good aircon, the bathroom in my room had recently been re-tiled and looked good. There are power plugs and I was told the wifi works, but I did not try. I would recommend using one of these rooms even in a short transit.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

There are showers in the airport. They are located near the centre and there is a spiral staircase that takes you down to the toilets. The showers are in here. I am not sure about towels or charges though.

Oscar

pennvalley
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

I had a shower in their shower room at the airport one time but it was several years ago. I didn't see any towels, shampoo, soap etc. but I always carry a small towel with me and some travel size soaps, etc. so I just used my own. It was fabulous to have a shower during a break on a long trip.

pennvalley
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

Forgot to say, the showers were free, at that time anyway.

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

Can you tell me how you booked the room ?

Oulu, Finland
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

Hi all,

I requested the TripAdvisor staff to open a webpage for Brunei airport Transit hotel "Day Use Room". I tried to collect enough information for others while I was in the airport for 7 hours from Singapore to Auckland. Meanwhile you may use the following information.

The transit area has 4 souvenir shops, a Starbucks with 2 free internet PC stations and a restaurant with western and asian food like, sandwiches and grilled chicken and beef and a convenience store. You can change your money in the airport.

There is a Motel beside showers at the basement. You can find empty rooms out of 15 rooms available. Just go to the receptionist and pay there. The rate is 5 B$ per person/hour. the room is clean, with shower and toilet. However, the airport is very cold and you may catch cold if you take a shower. I have some photos from the motel but no idea how to post them here. You may reserve rooms by calling the "Day Use Room" through 006732345473 and 006732330142 or the airport Ext. 1523.

You may also go to the city for near motels, I didn't check them. You may also go for different tours for 2hours departing around 5:30 PM, 4hours departing about 1:00 PM and night tour departing about 6:00 PM which details can be found from http://www.exploreborneo.com/ that cost about 25 B$ per person up to 65 B$.

10. Re: Showers at Brunei airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Bandar Seri Begawan