We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Brunei???

Hanoi
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Taxi in Brunei???

Hi all,

Please tell me about all things which need to know if traveling by taxi in Brunei, about the cheapest taxi, starting price and price for each next km, operation hours of taxi?

Thank you very much

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

When we were there 2months ago we didnt see a single taxi. Make sure you organise hotel airport transfer. Theres really not much to do there. We organised a day tour where they picked us up at the hotel. A one day tour is enough to see most attractions.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,653 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

Taxis don't use a meter rather you have to call one and should be quoted of a price. If you happen to flag down a taxi in the city center then you should agree first with the fare so in other words, it is expensive to use a taxi in Brunei. From the airport there's a queue for taxis.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
873 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

There are only around 50 taxis in the whole of Brunei and you have to ring for a price. I was there last week and used a small husband/wife taxi firm with two taxis. You can call/text them on for booking and price quote: +673-8811889.

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

how much if i take taxi from brunei to miri?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,653 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

Post #3 already gave you the mobile phone number of a taxi operator based in Brunei where you can send an SMS for a price quote.

Seria, Brunei...
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

I am from Brunei. Taxis are not used at all by the locals and hence hard to come by on the streets. The best way to travel around is to rent a car. The streets are easy to navigate. From airport, either get your hotel to pick you up (likely free or for a cheaper fee than taxis). Or agree a price with the taxi driver. Taxi drivers here are generally honest and out just to earn an honest living. If you still prefer to use taxis, you might want to get the number of one taxi driver and just call him when you want the taxi service as there will be none to flag down in the streets.

7. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2015, 23:58
8. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Stuttgart, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

Hi Drit

Thank you for all the information. I will be in B.S.B. from 27/1/14 afternoon to 30/1/14 morning and would like to travel with you for 2 days and airport pickup. I am from Germany and travel alone/

can you please give your mail so I will be able to get intouch.

Thanks

eran

10. Re: Taxi in Brunei???

Get answers to your questions about Bandar Seri Begawan