We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traders inn hotel

Which Bandar Seri Begawan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
340 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Traders inn hotel

Blk D, Lot 11620, Jalan Gadong - Traders Inn hotel, from the map it seems near from Airport. Is it walking distance?

Any advise on how to explore the city? how much is taxi cost per day?

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Traders inn hotel

Hello Olegna81, welcome to Brunei! :) I'll answer your questions with what I know,

1. No, you cannot walk from the airport to Gadong, it's far although it seems like you can walk all the way, so you need transport.

2. The city, umm there's not really much to do ESPECIALLY shopping but you should try going to these places:

Restaurants- Kimchi restaurant (if you want Korean food), Escapade (if you want japanese food), Royal Brunei Catering (in the airport) and Fish & Co (if you want western food). But if you're searching for fast food then there's KFC (can be found in the mall, gadong), McD — OH, btw, there is only ONE McDonalds outlet in Brunei, and it is also in gadong.

Cafe- Starbucks: in Mabohai (this is the first and only outlet in Brunei but no worries, it's still in the same district :) ) aaaaand coffee bean, one of the outlets in Gadong.

P.s i don't know if anyone told you about those places, I live here and these are some of the places that I often go to :)

3. Taxi.... I'm not very sure. We don't really use taxis here in Brunei, nor buses, we use cars – our own cars. Not to say that there aren't any of those here though. There are, I'm sure.

[!!!!] If you're looking for a supermarket/ department store(to buy food without spending hundreds of dollars in restaurants), you can go to Hua Ho (there are branches in Tanjung Bunut, Kiulap and Manggis. Personally I like the one in Tanjung Bunut though). Then there's Grand ugama at the Mall (in Gadong) and Supa Save.

Oh.my.god. That was so hard to type (since I'm using my ipad) -.-"

I hope that helps >< remember, this is from a local's POV and 99.999999% of the time tourists don't really go to these places (often bc they don't know those places exist lmao).

Singapore
Level Contributor
340 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traders inn hotel

Thank you Ms Melanie for a very insightful reply. if i may ask further, is the Omar Asli mosque open on a Saturday afternoon? Coz our flight arrives 330pm . Any other interesting site at night? Pasar malam is what we planned so far.

3. Re: Traders inn hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bandar Seri Begawan