We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Routing- Cambodia, Laos,Vietnam

East Meadow, New...
Level Contributor
589 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Routing- Cambodia, Laos,Vietnam

We want to spend 6+ weeks in southeast Asia starting in late January visiting Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. I need to try to figure out the best routing in terms of price and convenience and would like input from experienced travelers in this area.

I believe I can fly from JFK to Ho Chi Minh City, from Hanoi to Luang Prabang, from Luang Prabang to Siem Riep or Phnom Penh and from there back to New York. Is this the best direction and the least expensive way to do it or is there a better way?

I have been reading the guide books and these boards to determine where we want to go but the routing is a question of experience and personal knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Routing- Cambodia, Laos,Vietnam

You should first determine how long you'd like to spend in each place, then determine how you would like to travel from Point A to Point B. Overland? Domestic flights? You can then look into short flights using Bangkok Air, Air Asia, Lao Airways, etc. The Bangkok Airways Discovery Airpass will save you a bit of money if you are hopping between the countries.

2. Re: Routing- Cambodia, Laos,Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 07:30