We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy my drink?

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy my drink?

You will probably think I am crazy but as I do not drink beer I am wondering is it possible to get spirits or wine at reasonable prices? Where would be the best place to get them please? I have only 8 weeks to go and can hardly wait.

Best wishes and thanks in advance, Keren

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,937 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy my drink?

There are a couple of large supermarkets in SR that sell alcohol. The one I know is in the Angkor Trade Centre on Pokambor Ave (the road that runs alongside the river) one block north of the Old Market. They have heaps of spirits and prices are good. For the beer drinkers - cans of beer were between 60-70c and upwards.

I'm not normally a beer drinker either but it was really really hot and a shandy went down a treat. then I discovered Beerlao - it doesn't have that 'hoppy' taste that most beer drinkers like - ice cold it was great - and I've discovered a source here at home :-)

happy travels

helen

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy my drink?

Alcohol and cigarettes are incredibly cheap in Cambodia - from the supermarkets. Any brand name spirit - around $7 for a normal size bottle from here. My husband was in heaven!

Regards

Suzi

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy my drink?

There are many marts and supermarkets throughout the city and you can find them in those places with reasonable price. Take a look at Angkor Market where I usually go shopping and get some stuff there.

4. Re: Where to buy my drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 05:18