We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Christchurch
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

HI Travellers.

My wife and I are off to Cambodia in October and will be travelling between Bat and PP by Taxi for a day trip or we might consider an overnight stay along the way.

We considered going by bus but would like to have the luxury of being able to stop where we like if we see something of interest.

Your thoughts about travelling this trip by taxi would be appreciated and how long would it take assuming it was a nonstop trip and the cost if nonstop? (Also any recommendations for taxi drivers.)

Can anyone recommend villages to stop at (to get the feel for the countryside etc) or other must see’s along this route.

Thanks all,

PS. Just came across this site not long ago. I must say it is fantastic! The ability to create folders and save posts and threads is really helpful.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Hi Trademefan,

as a new member you may not have noticed the search box directly above your post.... search here for "Battambang to PP" and I'm sure you'll get useful info. There are several fairly recent trip reports (sometimes called JBRs) which have info you should like

You could also try the Canby site (there is a link from the FAQ page (top right) - maps, towns, sample itineraries etc. Get the town names and then search the forum for them.

You could also try Travelfish - link off the FAQ page for this site too.

happy reading - planning is half the fun of a trip.

hope you have recovered from the earthquake

cheers

helen

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

TradeMeFan-

There's far more to do going clockwise around the Tonle Sap, have you thought about doing that route? Battambang-SIem Reap-Kampong Thom, Kampong Cham, Phnom Penh. Both Kampong Thom and Kampong Cham are worth at least one night, there are some interesting sights in those areas.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Hi,

On our way back from Battambang to Phnom Penh - by bus, we had an afternoon traveling around Kompong Chhnang and then stayed overnight. It was a really good stop over. It's not overly far from PP on the west side of the lake.

We hired a motodup (motorcycle driver) and he showed us around the local clay pot making village and then we had a trip around the Vietnamese Floating village.

Didn't see any other tourists - it is well worth considering.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Hi,

On our way back from Battambang to Phnom Penh - by bus, we had an afternoon traveling around Kompong Chhnang and then stayed overnight. It was a really good stop over. It's not overly far from PP on the west side of the lake.

We hired a motodup (motorcycle driver) and he showed us around the local clay pot making village and then we had a trip around the Vietnamese Floating village.

Didn't see any other tourists - it is well worth considering.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Kg. Chhnang is worth several days to do properly.

Please see/search for my earlier posting on Kg. Chhnag.

I intend spending another week there in April.

But, yes, I am very interested in traditional local Khmer pots.

Best regards. Ian

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Also, whilst on the same thread, stop off at Pursat/Pouthisat and look at the ever declining local marble carvers.

There are a couple of decent hotels in town.

Best regards. Ian

Christchurch
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

Thank you everyone for your help and warm welcome! I will look in into all your suggestions.

Re Thmoore - All is ok re the Earthquake for most people. Lots of big aftershocks still happening. Lots of construction going on and ripping down old brick buildings etc.

If you are interested here is a link to photos I took 2 hours after the quake and just before the city was locked down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o6QsuKs7xQ

Enjoy,

Thanks again.

Milan

8. Re: To See and Do Between Battembang and PP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2012, 05:23