We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time, and only have 7 nights

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
First time, and only have 7 nights

We are starting to plan our next holiday and want to spend about 7 nights in Cambodia, then head back to Thailand to a beach for 7 nights.

Can anyone give me any good ideas or must do's, as have confused myself reading way to much...

Thanks

Eileen

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,936 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time, and only have 7 nights

Hi Eileen,

this is a very very wide brief -you've not given us much info on your likes & dislikes, budget, what made you decide on Cambodia.etc etc..

start with all the top questions (Cambodia forum front page, then the separate town forums - Siem Reap & Phnom Penh in particular) lots of good info there

Then try the Canby site www.canbypublications.com

I'd suggest 4 nights in Siem Reap and 3 in PP but without knowing where you plan to enter and exit Camboida even this is possibly problematic.

If you can come back with something a bit more concrete, there will be any number of people who can offer suggestions.

cheers

helen

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time, and only have 7 nights

Thanks Helen, after reading it realised how vague i had been...

We plan to fly in and out of PP from BKK with Air Asia, with regards to budget, thinking about £30 per night (not sure if that is possible)

We visit Thailand every year as we love the culture and the people, not really that bothered about late nights or partying (ok now I know im getting old)

Will look a the sites you mentioned and hopefully get a bit more info

Thanks again

Eileen

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time, and only have 7 nights

I stayed in Angkor pearl hotel which was reasonable.

Have a look at my trip reports with pictures and tips for ideas/ budget.

travelpod.com/travel-blog/smittee/1/tpod.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time, and only have 7 nights

All great advice above and l also agree that with only 7 days, Siem Reap and Phnom Penh will give you a taste for more!!!

Check out Blue Lime in PP.

5. Re: First time, and only have 7 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:34