We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go what to see?

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go what to see?

Hi My Fiancée and i are travelling around asia over the next 2 months and want to go to Cambodia. We have no idea where to go where to stay or what to see and do. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be great thanks heaps.

Regards Kelly.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
295 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go what to see?

Gosh how long is a piece of string! There is so much to see and do in Cambodia including Angkor Wat of course. Invest in a good guidebook give it a good read and mark all the places you'd like to see.

We particularly liked Ratanakiri province, Kratie and Rabbit Island.

Eugene, OR
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go what to see?

I definitely agree. FInding a guidebook is your best option. It will give you a ton of different ideas and all the information is right there in your hands. I went to Cambodia earlier this summer and found "Responsible Travel Guide Cambodia" in one of the local book stores. I think it can also be found at friendshipwithcambodia.org/programs-educatio… .This is an excellent tour book. There are a ton of restaurants, hotels, and attractions in some of the top cities in Cambodia listed.

One of my priorities when going on this trip was being thoughtful and ethical when making decisions in the country. Many know that Cambodia continues to struggle with corruption since the genocide a mere decade ago. By choosing places in this travel guide, I made sure I was giving back in the right ways. Hotels are notorious for being covers for illegal activity and restaurants can often employ slave labor. I would definitely recommend this travel guide to anyone looking to visit Cambodia.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,649 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go what to see?

Hi Kelly

Just use the functions of this site - top questions (top right), travel guide and things to do (top left) and the search function directly above your post - search it using similar phrases to what you'd use on google. Also search for trip reports (sometimes called JBRs - just back reports) You will find heaps.

Then go to www.canbypublications.com - take a few hours (or more) reading your way round there

then try www.travelfish.org - link to Cambodia in the bar at the top and spend another few hours reading.

THEN come back here with some specific questions - the members here are volunteers - and while they are knowledgeable and helpful, TA does not stand for Travel Agent and it is not our role to plan your trip for you. do some more research, work out what you want to see, give us an idea of your style fo travel and budget and then people will happily offer advice and suggestions.

cheers

helen

4. Re: Where to go what to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:17