We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

First off thanks to all the people helping me work out our trip!!!! I have done soo much research I would value some opinions,,,!,,,

I am now looking at doing maybe 14 or so nights.

Can anyone help us we have four older teens with us.

Don't want to be madly rushing.

What do you all think???

We were thinking pp Siam reap kep/kampong and maybe shankville.....?????? ( not sure about this one)

Anyway thanks soo much

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

14 nights in Cambodia - how wonderful - you will really get to see & do lots.

I'd do 5-6 in Siem Reap, 3-4 in PP and the rest in Kep/Kampot. Make sure you book hotels/guesthouses with a pool - hot cranky teens are nearly as bad as hot cranky todlers.

But I'd also put those teens to work (if you can get them away from the playstation etc .... get them to do some research for things they want to see & do - will help avoid the "do we HAVE to go THERE" *rolls eyes* .... build a family 'must see' list that everyone contributes something to.

start them off on www.canbypublications.com - huge site with masses of great info - red bars at the side

then www.travelfish.org -blue link to Cmbodia in the top bar.

have fun

helen

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Thanks Helen, would you include Battambang ???

Hope we are making the right decision we were going to fit in Vietnam as well but don't want to go home more exhausted then when we left.

I think cranky teens are worse than cranky toddlers!,,

I'll get them onto these websites

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

I agree with Helen I would visit Siem Reap, PP and Kep/Kampot. Also stop for a day or two in Battambang on the way to PP from Siem Reap.

We visited Sihanoukville last year and it is ok but nothing nearly as good as the rest of the country (I found it fairly sleazy and was worried about what my young teenage was seeing there!) and if you have only got 14 days I would definitely give it a miss.

I agree about the cranky (or even worse sighing) teens!

Regards

Suzi

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

it's the silent eye rolling that gets me!.. especially when accompanied by a big sigh!

Yes darkiel a coupld of days in Battambang between SR & PP would work really well. Check out the circus while you're there - one thing thich realy should impress your kids.

cheers

helen

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Yep I'm hearing you glad you can relate.

God just being on u tube showed a lady in phom phen being shot 3 times at the market by someone who had robbed her.

SCARY!!!!!

I don't want to be putting my kids out for this sort of stuff ?????

Now I don't know"""??????

Maybe we should stick with Vietnam or Thailand

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Bad things happen everywhere - even in Australia. I would never take my family anywhere dangerous and we have been to Cambodia twice. It is no more dangerous than Vietnam and Thailand - some may say even safer. Of course like anywhere including Sydney, Melbourne or Rome you always need to be travel smart.

Regards

Suzi

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

No no no! don't dismiss Cambodia because of this.... jeepers, I teach in Parramatta and we are regularly seeing shootings in nearby suburbs - Guildford etc - they are no the news almost nightly (one of the houses that is shot up reguarly is owned by the grandparents of some of our students)... I have never seen or heard of any shootings happening while I've been in Cambodia. I feel incredibly safe there, the people are just so friendly and lovely - please don't let this isolated incident deter you from visiting one of the most fantastic countries in Asia.

helen

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Oh dear, in five trips to Cambodia and covering alot of ground and with teenagers or teenager in tow l have never come acorss anything other than a traffic accident, luck perhaps. But do not put off going to this amazing country and sharing it and the Khmer people with your children, because of some Youtube clip!!

I have travelled to many South East Asian countries and lived in one for two years and Cambodia is by far the safest, stuff happens everywhere, just travel with a smile on your face and be sensible and you will be fine.

Edited: 12 February 2012, 01:56
Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Thanks so much everyone.

I feel much more at ease now!,,

From here on in no utube

Thanks again it is much appreciated

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cambodia itenarary with teens 14 days

Or as my husband says no Face tube and get off You book.