We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
760 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Hi we haven't booked our international airfare yet but was looking 7 nights Siem reap, 4 nights pp 2 nights Battambang

2 nights kep 3 nights kampong is it worth going to koh rong island for the remaining 3 nights???? Or simply stay at snooky???? Or put that time elsewhere??? We would like a chill out time befor flying home

We are 2 adults and 5 teens ageing from 19 to 13.

Just refining details a bit more

Cheers

Should

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,271 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Looks great ... I'd split those 'spare' 3 days over some of your existing towns - save one round of pack & unpack. When are you going?

cheers

helen

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
760 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Thanks Helen we are travelling lateDec/Jan.

any suggestions where you would spend extra days ??? Would you do kep and kampot??? Or stay at one only and travel by day to the other!!!!!!

Thanks again

Sharon

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,271 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Hi Sharon,

we love Kep so adding time there for us would be great but your teens may not like so much do nothing time... my thoughts would be - add an extra night to PP (and maybe throw in a day trip to Oudong) Battambang (make sure you have the circus on your plans - you can also visit the circus school in the afternoons - give your kids another chance to interact wth the local kids) and Kep (a day trip out to rabbit island would be great for them too).

Given Snooky's seedy reputation (though my 21yr old daughter loved it) I'd be inclined to keep my kids away from there.

Dec/Jan will be busy but weather won't impact on your plans like it can in July.

have a fantastic trip, you'll love it and your kids will come back quite different young people.

cheers

helen

Mentioned in this post
Kep
Kep
Kep Province, Cambodia
Battambang
Battambang
Battambang Province, Cambodia
Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
760 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Thanks again Helen you have been a great help!! Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

I agree that your teens will find Kep a bit boring! a day trip to Rabbit Island could eb the go, perfect time of year for it and if they are bored there tell them to walk around it or up it! There is an old Khmer Rougue bunker up the top.

I too would skip Snooky, but thats just my opinion, some people love it as much as l find it uncomfortable.

If you want more tips for Kampot an dkep, send me a pm, have plenty of things that keep teenagers a little less bored there!!!

Mentioned in this post
Kep
Kep
Kep Province, Cambodia
Kampot
Kampot
Kampot Province, Cambodia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

Sounds great but, don't neglect Kampot if you're doing the trip to Kep.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

I would have more time in Kampot than kep, as it will be easier to entertain your teens, even though they might find the pace of Kampot a bit slow they will find everyone so friendly they will love it!!

Mentioned in this post
Kampot
Kampot
Kampot Province, Cambodia
8. Re: How does this look for 3 weeks??!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:17