We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe hotels in Cambodia

N P
Auckland Region...
1 post
Save Topic
safe hotels in Cambodia

Hi,

I will be travelling to Cambodia - Siem Reap only in September. Can someone suggest a safe and cheap hotel to live in near Angkor Wat. Looking for safe as I will be carrying some valuables with me :)

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safe hotels in Cambodia

you should make sure that your hotel has an inroom safe.

what is cheap? what is cheap to me may not be to you - can you give us a $$ amount please. Most hotels are in town rather than out near the temples

check out www.canbypublications.com for a map of SR and you'll get some idea of where things are. there are accommodation links on TA (upper left) and on the canby site, you can also check out some on www.travelfish.org.

Several booking sites (Agoda, booking.com and otel.com have the hotels marked on google maps) this would help you too

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safe hotels in Cambodia

Get a hotel with an in room safe-thats a must, and make sure the safe works. If it doesn't then get it fixed or change to a room that has one that works. I travelled with friends who looked after my money etc when the safe in my room refused to lock properly. That said I then stayed in a hotel where the safe was too safe and the hotel had to get someone in to crack it open for me...lol.

Have to say i always felt very safe in Cambodia no matter where I was. You will love it.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 08:21
Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safe hotels in Cambodia

Security is a state of mind - NOT a pathetically small room safe with management over-ride to open locked safes.

Think and be security conscious at all times and you will not have any problems in Cambodia.

Just leave the "Bling" at home.

I've never had a security problem in Cambodia in 20 years of going there multiple times each year. Where as in Vietnam....

Best regards. Ian

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safe hotels in Cambodia

To give a recommendation we need a budget.

Sunderland, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: safe hotels in Cambodia

cambodia is cool but be carefull in nam for moto theifs :)

6. Re: safe hotels in Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 10:16