We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opinion of this SE Asia trip by G Adventures

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
opinion of this SE Asia trip by G Adventures

Here is a Trip by G Adventures that goes to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia

i need all your opinions of this

link

gadventures.com/trips/…

now tell me does this trip seem good as to covering good culture aspects and all main points each country has to offer?

I like an honest opinion to this

as many decisions of trips are to be made? here

thanks for all your help

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opinion of this SE Asia trip by G Adventures

you can do all these countries on a DIY basis. The itinerary suggested is IMO way too rushed - you need more than 2 days in LP, PP and SR to do any of them anything like near justice. Main sites, probably, but do you really want to just be ticking things off a list or do youwant to really see & experience these places? It would drive me totally nuts having to pack & un-pack every day or second day.

19 Days, I'd pick 2 countries and see them in more detail.

Just a heads up - many people dont particularly like having to follow a link before commenting on a proposed itinerary.

100 Mile House...
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: opinion of this SE Asia trip by G Adventures

I think that's a great way to get a taste of each place. Sometimes I like to do a tour like that just to get an idea of where to go back to visit in more depth. Also it's nice to be able to sit back and let them do all the work.

Some people are DIY and some are not. To each their own. I like to do a mix, depending on where we're going. The last few trips we've done it ourselves. Two years ago we did a G tour through Egypt ...great company.

I found the tour busy, but also exciting because everyday was a new adventure.

If you do book it, allow extra days in Bangkok either before or after the tour. There's alot to do there.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opinion of this SE Asia trip by G Adventures

I am with Helen, I prefer planning it myself, though I can understand that people prefer that everything is organised.

However, please note that the above itinerary is very rushed, and that some of the travlling is not highlighted. For example the boat journey to LP is not one day (as highlighted as day 5), but actualy two days. Also, it takes apparently 8 hours from LP to VV. So instead of 5 days you actually have only 3 full days in these two places. the same applies between PP and SR, which takes 6 hours by bus. so take this into consideration.

For me this would be far too rushed to enjoy it.

4. Re: opinion of this SE Asia trip by G Adventures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:16