We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Cambodia

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Cambodia

I will be flying from Saigon to Siem Reap and will need a visa to enter Cambodia. I live in Canada.

Do I apply for it online as I have just done for VOA for Vietnam?

If so, would you mind share your experience/advice with me, please?

I am leaving in three weeks' time (have booked my ticket already) and don't want to arrive in Cambodia without proper papers that would prevent me from entering the country.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Cambodia

Hello!

I think you can apply E-Visa for Cambodia tourist visa, it only takes a few days. You just need photo with white background. You can check out on this link just in case you want to know the application process.

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/Default.aspx

You can also do visa on arrival but E-Visa is easy to apply, my friend have done it before so I think there should not be any problems.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,438 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Cambodia

regular question (the search box will be your friend) and in the FAQ's

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,635 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Cambodia

Just get you Cambodian visa on arrival at Siem Reap airport on arrival, just like the majority of the near 2 million visitors to Cambodia each year do.

Unlike Vietnam, Cambodia has a genuine Visa-on-Arrival and it is simplicity itself. Just complete the very short and simple Visa Application form usually given out on the flight to Cambodia but if not freely available in the airport arrivals hall. Provide one recent passport/visa type and size photo when you hand in the form and have US$20,. and only US$, preferably exact money which saves messing with change, available to pay for your visa when you passport with visa in it is held up and/or your name is called out.

It really is quick and simple and that is why us regular travellers to Cambodia use it all of the time.

Best regards. Ian

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Cambodia

I thank all of you for your very helpful replies. You have set my mind at ease.

5. Re: Visa for Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:17