We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
48 posts
644 reviews
Save Topic
9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

I will be in Cambodia with my wife, my parents, and my brother & his wife from the night of April 1 to the night of April 10. Thoughts on how best to divide the time? We were thinking of flying into Phnom Penh & flying out of Siem Reap, but are flexible. Given there are 6 of us, we may take a car & driver with us.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

I'd go with 4 nights in Siem Reap then bus to Battambang for 2 nights and then bus onwards to Phnom Penh for the remainder. You could just as easily do this in reverse.

You'd need a van with the number of people you have, but the bus is easy to do and can easily be booked the day before.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

When I first read this MihirMeghani, I had visions of six adults and the driver crammed into a Toyota Camry.

The trunk half open with bags restricted by the gas tank in the boot (trunk) the overflow of luggage strapped securely? to the roof or just sitting on the passengers laps.

It reminded me so much of.........Cambodia!

Take the bus, at least once.

Have fun

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

Totally agree with thmoore's advise, with only 9 days this would be a great paced trip. a van is a great way of doing it, as is a bus! But you also then have the luxury of leaving and stopping when you want.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,400 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

I think that you need to rethink some aspects of this.

Either the six (6) of you and your luggage travel on one of the two better bus companies.

Or, you hire a Mercedes Benz van for your exclusive use that will easily accomodate your luggage and comfortably accomodate yourselves in airconditioned comfort. However, this comes at a price.

All best regards. Ian

5. Re: 9 day trip in Cambodia - how to divide time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:16