We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
74 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

Hello I thought I would share a positive experience I have just had here in Cambodia. I arrived on an AirAsia flight from BKK a few days ago very excited about the three weeks ahead of us (2 adults and 3 young kids)....in this excitement I left my camera bag on the plane! .....only to realise after we had cleared customs by which time the flight was winging its way back to BKK!!

...can you imagine camera less in an amazing country?!!

I was upset and went to the AirAsia desk where they took my details and emailed BKK they said they would contact me the following day to advise of any news....I held out little hope for its return.....my fingers crossed that the person in seat 22B had an honest heart.

We made our way to the Kabiki...an oasis in the crazy vibrant city of PP.

Lo and behold the next day as promised I received an email saying it had been found and would be returned to PP airport. My exasperation turned to joy!!

I would like to thank AirAsia for their efficiency!!

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

Hello queenminx,

How refreshing for a poster to post a positive report!

Yes, the Kabiki is a real Oasi and losts of space and the pool for families travelling with children..

But then it should be - it's leased from the Royal Family and is next door to a Hun Sen residence.

Best regards. Ian

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

It's always nice to read positive posts so thanks for sharing and glad you got your camera back. You'll love Cambodia.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

My daughter's passport fell out of her bag on a bus in the middle of Laos last month and it was returned 2 days later which saved a lot of stress and money. It's great to hear of these good stories.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

You were very lucky - thanks for posting such a positive story :-)

Blenheim New Zealand
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

That is great news. Love positive posts on this forum

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,488 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

Absolutely fantastic news and probably quite unexpected. Isn't it wonderful to know that there are many honest people in the world.

7. Re: Miracle....lost camera is returned!! Thanks Air Asia!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 07:17